“Good Indian food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Tumkur, Karnataka, India
“Good Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Indian food was vey good. The ambience was good. The staff were very friendly. The desert was good

Visited May 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“"I have to charge you for pickles, haan".”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was staying in Holiday inn right next to this restaurant with my family, I was very happy when I found Indian food so close to my hotel. I ordered around $35 food to go and asked him to give some pickles. He gave me one, yes one pickle and I requested some more then he said he has to charge me for pickle, I was kind of taken back and said "ok.." because I need pickle with rice items. He charged me $2 for couple more pickles. That pissed me off, such a pathetic service, I don't want free food but some pickles for $35 order is fair enough to expect I think. Food was ok, but I think it was expensive but as per my research food was expensive in that whole area so I cannot blame this particular restaurant for that. Mostly tourists go to this place, that's why I think he don't give a damn about returning customers. He said something like "I have to charge you for pickles, haan". I was recalling this incident the whole trip and having fun with my wife. "I have to charge you, haan" LOL

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“GREAT FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We usually go to India Palace 1-2 times a month. Ate there on Tuesday for lunch. Food was great; always consistent and fresh. I'm into more vegetarian dishes and enjoy all of them (had lentils and rice on this visit for lunch); some family members had shrimp and chicken dishes - excellent and fresh. We had garlic naan too. It was good and freshly baked. Service was good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancashire
“You will get better food out of a jar at Walmart”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Being from England where Indian food is more or less our national dish now, and you can see from my profile I have spent some time in India this was by far the worst Indian food I have ever had.

I simply cannot believe the reviews saying the food is excellent are real profiles or wrote a review of the same restaurant.

To be fair the starters were good, and had some authentic taste to them. Following the starters the service was poor as my pet hate happened where the main course came before I had finished my starters.

The main course I ordered was lamb rogan josh. I don't think Gordon Ramsey would have had any expletives left to describe how horrible the food was. It most certainly was not rogan josh, and any curry out of a jar at Walmart would have been better.

For the reviews where the people do not eat curry very often ignore. A bit of coriander on top of what looks like baby food does not make Indian cuisine.

Do yourself a favour and take in a burger or pizza and avoid India Palace.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
N. Idaho
“Delicious, tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Up front I will tell you I have not eaten at an Indian restaurant in many years as there are none where I live. We chose India Palace as it was on a list from the hotel and we thought there would be a good chance of being able to get vegan food. The manager waited on us and was wonderful in assisting us with vegan selections. We were served Masala Papadam while we waited. Our entrees were the Mixed Vegetable Vindaloo and the Chana Masala. We got the mild versions which did have some heat but were tasty and well-spiced. I saw some reviews complaining that the portion size was small, but we thought they were just right. I could not finish mine and I have a big appetite! We had Tandoori Roti along with as the manager explained it is vegan while the naan has egg in it. He also guided us in the selection of an Indian beer to accompany dinner. The service was attentive, the food was hot, attractively presented and served quickly. While we ate we noticed a number of Indian families coming in to pick up carry out orders. In chatting with the manager he also said their rice is vegan altho many Indian restaurants use chicken broth in rice preparation. He also indicated that Googlemaps has their location in the wrong place. All in all this was a very filling, tasty and enjoyable meal. I would return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere