“Worst Thai food experience ever - overpriced too!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ayothaya Thai Cuisine

Ayothaya Thai Cuisine
7555 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819-5109 (Doctor Phillips)
407-345-0040
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayothaya Thai Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #769 of 3,095 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Orlando, Florida
“Worst Thai food experience ever - overpriced too!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went with a party of 5 - we had been looking for an open restaurant and we were happy to find one. The spring rolls were crispy enough and I looked forward to the main meal. Unfortunately, the green curry tasted as if it had literally just been mixed with water and boiled and everyone else in my group had a similar experience with their meals. My daughter could only manage a few bites of her fried rice and she loves fried rice! I have been eating Thai food for years and this was certainly the worst I had ever tasted. We left a lot of food uneaten but we told them we did not want it packed. To top it all, it was also the most expensive meal we had in Orlando till then. We felt really cheated.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
North Bay Village
“Had very nice time Ka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

It was our First time here, atmosphere was wonderful. The Thai cuisine was just delightful and my overall visit was just excellent.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“I have been here many times.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant is located in the very busy "Restaurant Row" area, also known as Sand Lake Road. I have been there many times and each time I am not disappointed. The front of the house staff are very attentive, and the food is average at best. The menu is large with many choices so everybody should easily find something to enjoy.
The down side...therefore the 3 rating....is because they are rather expensive and the servings are on the small side.
Try the Thai tea!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Siesta Key, Florida
“My favorite Thai joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I love this place, my best friend and I discovered this place on accident years back and have been going ever since. I even had my graduation dinner here. I love the food it is so full of flavor and I have tried several entreès and have not been disappointed. Everytime I bring a new friend they love it too. The servers are very nice and helpful. They always seat us right away, offer us water and explain the menu if needed. The food arrives at a decent time and it is filling, I always have a to go box. I think the prices of the meals are worth the quality, I have been to other thai restaurant with the same prices but the food quality is not the same.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Congratulations, you are the worst Thai Restaurant in Orlando!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have dined in and out at Ayothaya, maybe 10 times.

Saturday night was my last. I have always questioned why anyone would eat here. The lady who owns it is angry all the time.

Last night I ordered togo food and asked how long it would be. We gave them 40 minutes and went to the restaurant – Order to pick up

“It’s not ready” well this happened the past two time too – I watch the lady who took the order, run into the kitchen and say “another 10 to 15 minutes” I could not wait – The angry owner asked if I wanted a dish that was sat on the side, which I declined.

Food is great when you have had a beer or two, but if your sober and see what is going on, then Ayothaya is a mess

• Visited March 2013