“Perfect Thai cuisine!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ayothaya Thai Cuisine

Ayothaya Thai Cuisine
7555 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819-5109 (Doctor Phillips)
407-345-0040
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayothaya Thai Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #869 of 3,167 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
“Perfect Thai cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

This is by far the best Thai restaurant in area Restaurant Row and the International Drive area. Not really well known (any time I mention it to friends I have to describe the plaza in detail before they know it's there), but have been dining here for the past 4 years and love it! Always consistent food. I personally love the curry dishes, but their standard Pad Thai is great as well as anything else I have ever sampled off my friends plates when we go. Have also had their appetizers numerous times and never disappointed.

I noticed some of the reviews mentioned service issues. While I have never had an issue with service, I will say there have been a few times no one has been at the door but someone has always come quickly. Your server may change a couple times during the meal, it appears to really vary based on time of day and day of the week as to how many staff they have. But have always been treated with great service and a smile.

Side note, not all Thai restaurants have the "spice plate" as I call it, but as a spice-oholic, I love the four little serving dishes they bring out, three of which are jalapeños, crushed pepper and a chili sauce! Love it! I always order medium hot and add my favorite favors. I'm hungry just writing about it!

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Wide variety, tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were steered to this restaurant because it was on the list furnished by the Hilton time share at which we stayed. The trip was worth it. Located in a strip mall along with a number of other restaurants, this Thai gem was worth the journey. Lots of variety, including some dishes not seen at other Thai restaurants. Each dish's presentation was gorgeous.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai
“Excellent Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am a regular visitor of Thai restaurants. But I have to admit that I was very impressed with the ambiance, service and the most important the food at the Ayothaya in Orlando. This restaurant has moved to the top of my list in Thai cusine category. The food is absolutely excuisite, light and very tasty. We ordered two salald and two entres and we liked everything.

Bravo to the Ayothaya chefs and servers! Keep up the good work.

• Visited August 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Our neighborhood Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We eat here at least once a month. The food is always good. We particularly like the curry dishes, the Tom Ka soup, and the summer roll appetizers. We've never had an entree we didn't like. The service is good, but some of the waitresses get frazzled with special orders. (My daughter is a vegetarian and has asked for substitutions). The kitchen always says fine, but we have to go through the same routine each time with the waitress saying no, and explaining to her that it's always been okay. We wait while she goes to the kitchen and comes back with an okay. The spice level is inconsistent. Sometimes Thai hot is medium, and vice versa. I love the spices and my husband likes medium. Some days we cannot tell the difference. It's best to ask for the spices on the side and add as you wish. The decor is very nice. All in all a great place to enjoy Thai.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My friends and I were in Orlando for a visit and we were looking for a place to eat on Memorial Day and many of the restaurants were closed. We found this restaurant on Sand Lake and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. I would say the prices are a tad higher than average for a Thai joint but the quality of the food was way above average.

• Visited May 2012