We stayed here with Family in a 2 bedroom room, on vacation club points for a short stay in the Orlando area. We usually try to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but it was completely full, so we decided to give this place a shot. The proximity to Downtown Disney seemed like a huge bonus, so we chose Saratoga Springs.
First let me talk about what we liked. The 2 bedroom suite was roomy and nice. We really like the size and flexibility as there were 6 of us total staying here. The room was clean, and well kept. The pool area was a great seller for this hotel. It had multiple jacuzzis as well as a zero entry pool, with a waterslide, that was still plenty warm enough to swim in, even in a warm December in Orlando. The kiddie splash area was also an added plus for our 2 year old.
While I hate to complain about a pretty nice property, unfortunately there were a few things that weren't great. First was the check in process. It seemed like for whatever reason, all of the people working the desk were being trained as they all had "earning our ears" tags on their name badges. My reservation should have just been an ordinary one, but I stood and waited at the check in counter for over 30 minutes. I know the Magicband thing is somewhat new, but holy Lord! Should not have taken that long.
Secondly, the resort is extremely large, which makes doing just about anything there, a bit inconvenient. We'd have to drive to the pool, and it's proximity to Downtown Disney didn't really prove to be a perk, as in order to get there, you'd still have to take a bus, or a ferry. While the bus stop was close to the buildings, the ferry was a long way away from our building which meant walking a pretty long way to get to it. There is a path where you can walk to the Disney West Side, but even that is a good 15 minute walk...not exactly convenient.
The layout of the bathroom in the main room of the suite is one of the strangest I've ever seen. There is a sink and bathtub in the master bed room, and then a door that leads to the rest of the bathroom. In there, there's a shower and a sink, and 2 other doors, 1 leading to a room with just the toilet, and one leading into the main living area of the room...Being that we had people using the pull out sofa in that room, it was weird trying to use the bathroom and maintain a sense of privacy.
I've complained about this for a while, but it seems to fall on deaf ears with Disney, is that the beds are far too firm, and uncomfortable. If you like a firm bed, then go for it...but I prefer something softer, and I've never been a fan of their beds.
Lastly, on our last day there at about 9am, a maid came to the door and asked us when we'd be leaving. It wasn't a problem, but it was kind of tacky considering we were in the middle of packing our stuff to check out at 11am.
Overall, it was a good stay. It wouldn't be my first choice for a stay at Disney, but I could do it again. Just know that some of the perks on the outside, aren't as great as they'd seem.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Disney
- Disney Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort Florida
- Disney Saratoga Springs
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disneys Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Springs Orlando
- Disney Saratoga Springs Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa is an equestrian-themed, Victorian-style Disney Deluxe Villa Resort on the shores of Village Lake. Inspired by historic Saratoga Springs, a late-1800s New York retreat famous for its spas and horse racing, the buildings and grounds of this 65-acre Resort are truly inviting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.