“A home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

You added Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1960 Broadway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #60 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Portrush, United Kingdom
“A home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just back 2 days ago from a 2 week stay here. We booked a one-bedroom apartment, which was just right for us (2 adults and 2 kids), plenty of room, very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The apt was serviced every day we were there! Both the main room and bedroom had flat screen LCD TVs and the apt had a jacuzzi bath and seperate shower room. As we had the deluxe dining plan we didnt have to cook for ourselves but it came with a fully fitted and equipped kitchen, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and a washing machine/tumble dryer.

We stayed in the Grandstand section of the resort, really quiet but still very convenient to the bus-stop and reception. There is also a pool and pool bar right beside the apartments, including a drinks fountain for refilling your resort mugs, kids loved this......free Coke!!! The grounds are very well maintained, the resort is very big but a lovely walk or jog if you fancy that sort of thing. The bus system runs to every theme park and from them, to every resort and a bus for each location arrives around every 15-20mins. We also went across to Downtown Disney on a number of evenings for meals and used the ferryboat which did runs across the lake every 20 mintes. The dock for it was only a couple of minutes walk away behind the Turf Club restaurant. Staff at the hotel were very helpful and nothing was any trouble. the only criticism i would have was of the cashiers at the Artists Palette (resorts quick service outlet). We used it a couple of times for breakfast for convenience and found they had little understanding of what we could and couldnt do with the dining plan (we used it extensively across other resort hotels and parks without a hitch), in fact you coudl see their demeanour change when they discovered you were going to pay for food with it!

That aside, Saratoga is a great place to stay and I would happily visit there again if i am lucky enough.

Room Tip: Grandstand rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
Mirfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was an amazing holiday, I was booked into this hotel for 8 nights by my daughter who I was visiting. The check in was easy all done online so just had to pick up the key card and enter a PIN number. The staff were friendly and very helpful, concierge booked our table service meals at the other Disney venues and nothing seemed too much trouble. The room was light and airy and our housekeeper did a fabulous job changing our towels daily and stocking up on fresh coffee. The Saratoga is directly opposite downtown Disney which makes it easy to get around with no car. Would I visit again absolutely thank you I had a very magical experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We took our two small children on our first Disney vacation and stayed here in January 2013. We stayed in a one bedroom villa. It was lovely. The kitchen was very well appointed and easy to navigate. My 4 year old slept well on the pull out sofa and my 2 yr old slept in the pack n play provided by the resort. The room had a big jetted bath tub that my kids loved to play in. I loved that you could open the door between the bathroom and master bedroom so I could watch the kids play in the tub while sitting on the bed.

The pools in the resort are absolutely amazing. The main pool has slides and lots of kid friendly areas. However, my favorite pool is the one at the Paddok. There is a big water slide at this pool and a big play area for kids. The play area is gated so moms of small children can relax without worrying about the kids running off.

The other great thing about this resort is the transportation to all the Disney parks. Buses run every 15-20 minutes.

Room Tip: Rooms at The Springs are close to pools, restaurant and bus stop.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
sprki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was our very first experience of utilising our DVC membership and all I can say is a huge "WOW"..

We were placed in Congress Park (as per our request as to walk over to DTD) in a downstairs one bed condo! There was a huge amount of space in all of the essential areas, although a lots of doors to the bathroom areas, but I can see what they were aiming for!

My only grumble was the sofa(bed) in the lounge was at the end of its life and as such the edge dug into your legs a little, however I remedied this by putting my feet up and stretching out! I think we were in an 'as yet to be renovated/ refreshed' room, but it was very clean and well kept refurbished or not!

I can highly recommend the jacuzzi bath/ tub to anyone as I spent many an hour bubbling away in there!

Very friendly staff all around the resort and luckily for us a very speedy check in due to being the only ones around at the time (Magical Express taken to get from Orlando Airport).

We never sampled any of the eating places, but have to say when picking up a few essentials in the evening what we noticed other people getting did look very nice!

Our own little Congress Park pool was just nice for sitting outside and relaxing on those quiet and chilled out days!

Room Tip: Towels are plentiful especially around the pools so no need to pack any of your own!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our 3rd time back to Saratoga Springs. Each time we've been there I've been more than happy with everything. Best part about this trip, was we were able to cash in on the %35 off pricing in January...so we paid even slightly less than the standard cost of a moderate resort, absolutely fantastic deal!!

This time we got into a room in "The Springs" buildings, which was super convenient to the main building & pool. Rooms was spotless, and maid service was on time everyday. Next to Old Key West, these are the largest single room studios that Disney offers, The Gym/Spa are probably the best out of any of the resorts in my opinion (including the Grand Floridian). The gym is very large, and even when crowded i never had any sort of wait to get on equipment. The entire grounds of the resort are extremely well taken care of...and best of all it's quiet and serene (which is hard to find in Disney!!!). It's great just to walk around and take everything in.

Buses seemed to be more frequent as well, which was a nice change from last time. Be advised that there are several bus stops at this resort - it's really not that inconvenient...though some people seem to knock 1 or 2 points off the rating because of it. Honestly it never bothered us, and it was always fun sight seeing around the beautiful resort.

Food court had an updated menu, which in my opinion is much better than the moderate/value resort menu (ie burges, pizza, or hotdogs). This menu had some very unique items and everything was great. The staff as always was extremely helpful and friendly...that seems to be one trend that follows pretty standard, which is always nice.

All in all - a great trip. Between growing up with my parents, and now taking my own family down... I've had a chance to stay at almost every resort at Disney. Saratoga Springs hands down is my favorite, and we'll keep coming back here anytime we visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed at the tree house villas with my family. These are an amazing experience for a family or a group. We arrived late and had the kitchen stocked with breakfast items for morning. We enjoyed whatever meals we wanted, when we wanted, including BBQ! The pool was a 2 minute walk away, the bus stop about the same distance. Staff are friendly & helpful, doing whatever possible to make your stay an enjoyable one. I have travelled many places in the world and after experiencing the "Disney" way, would recommend this style of vacation. this was a lovely hassle-free experience, I felt like royalty and truly welcomed when greeted with "welcome home" on arrival.

• Stayed February 2013
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We are DVC members and have stayed here twice before and are due to go back in Aug 13 for 3 weeks.
SSR is not the usual Disney expected theme, it has however all the Disney attributes you would expect, faultless service, fantastic cast members and a manicured estate expecting a royal or presidential visit.
We like SSR for its location and walking distance via a pathway next to Downtown Disney, it is also handy for when you want to exit Disney to say Int'l Drive or I4.
The resort itself is one of the larger resorts that Disney have to offer and it is nice to get up early and go for a walk in the morning within the beautiful grounds.
We usually get a 2 bedroom unit as this has a queen bed, 2 double/king beds and a sofa bed, so can sleep eight comfortly. Each unit has its self contained kitchen area and as my wife says is a godsend is the washer/dryer.
All units are constantly being renovated as the money from DVC fees pay for the upkeep of the resort so rooms are decorated quite regularly, the evidence is there and clear to see, in any hotel resort if you look hard enough you will find problems but we are there on holiday to enjoy ourselves not to find faults and moan about a cracked tile or no filter for my coffee machine, however if you do find the time to find fault or are unlucky to need to call housekeeping or maintenance then its put right in no time.
We feel SSR has just the right balance of not in your face Disney as after spending all day at waterpark then big park you want to come home and unwind in an environment that you can call home and that is why we go back there all the time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!