“Nice resort” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

You added Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1960 Broadway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #64 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at this resort a few times but if I'm honest, only because it runs offers through Disney. I've previously stayed in a studio which was average Disney hotel room size, but this time we had a one bed roomed villa. I found the space to be too cramped in the living area and too much space given to the kitchen. In all fairness I don't do any cooking whilst im away, so the large kitchen may well be appreciated by others. My 24 year old son was staying on the sofa bed in the living room, and once that's opened you have absolutely no room to move around making everything feel very cramped. The furnishings are nice enough and the bathroom and bedrooms are perfectly adequate, but resort lacks the usual Disney "vibe" and whilst this would be a negative if you have young children as it does feel very bland, we however appreciated the quieter ambiance.

All in all I would stay here again if the price was right, but I would never pay the rack rate.

Room Tip: We prefer the Grandstand area as it has a pool with freed drinks refill station, a hot tub but is no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Saratoga springs is a beautiful resort. The grounds are very clean (wouldn't expect anything less at disney)! The rooms are a nice size. It's a little more upscale then the value resorts. The staff is exceptional...typical disney!

• Stayed November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Book any other DVC property before you book this one. I have been a vacation club member since 1992 and own 600 vacation points. I have stayed at all of the DVC properties at Walt Disney World and I only stayed here because I couldn't book anywhere else (as this is Thanksgiving vacation week). The main complaint is with housekeeping. It's day three and already eight calls to fix problems or to bring items to the room forgotten by the housekeeping staff. The real issue is with the Disney "cast members" and not the room. I brought the problems to the attention of the appropriate staff including the housekeeping manager and front desk. They both trivialized the problems we are continuing to encounter and at this point couldn't care less. I always wait until after my stay to write a review but on this occasion I realize that, after attempting to communicate with the appropriate management level personnel and still no satisfaction, it was time to give up and make a point of avoiding this Disney property in the future. While there have been problems in the past at this property they didn't rise to the level of the problems already experienced during this stay. Book a DVC property, just not this one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Another great Disney location. Saratogo Springs is like a little city it is so big. They have added a new pool since we were last here... GREAT POOL... two slides, one for little folks, and one for larger folks...
Many people ruin their Disney trip by trying to do too much and never really realize how amazing the properties are. Great pool, great arcade for the kids, great programs for the little ones... so much to do...
We stayed in a villa, so had two full bedrooms and a full kitchen, stopped on way in and got a lot of groceries to eat.... have breakfast in the room before going to the park and made sandwiches to take... saved a ton of money on food...
Would highly recommend Saratoga Springs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We are staying here now, arrived on Wednesday, 11/14. After we got here on Wednesday morning, we had a very unfortunate experience with the concierge desk. The woman who was "helping" us (Gracie) was shockingly rude and outwardly annoyed that I was asking for a print out of my reservations. After having drive almost 24 hours to get here, a smile or even eye contact would have been welcome (speaking of welcome, don't expect anyone here to say the signature DVC 'welcome home!'-- not a big complaint, but still...). It took twice for me to call before a manager called me back; he was nice, but it seems like most of the staff here (except for a couple people at the Artist's Palette) are bored, don't care, and generally sort of dismissive and blah. We are pretty much invisible at this resort. We don't need to be hit over the head with Disney cheer, but it is absolutely, totally lacking here. In the last three years we have stayed at Disney five times in moderate and deluxe resorts and have had amazing experiences; this has by far been the worst so far.

We also requested a room near the main pool. I totally understand that not all requests can be accommodated, but we are literally in the FURTHEST corner of the Springs. On a positive note we are on the first floor.... It's almost like a joke. We were laughing when we got our room assignment because of how totally opposite our request is. So either requests here aren't received, or they are totally ignored.

The decor is ok, kind of generic but fine. The rooms seem a little worn--our fridge door is all scuffed up and dented.

I hate to say anything negative, especially about a place my family should love. But we don't, for the reasons already noted. I have never left a negative review, but the experience so far warrants it. I hope that by the end of the week I can turn this into a positive review, but I'm not holding my breath.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here for two weeks in October, renting a 2-bedroom villa. We've stayed at several Disney properties before, from the Wilderness Lodge hotel, to Port Orleans Riverside, which we also loved, but wanted something with a little more room as our children are now older. The apartment at Saratoga Springs did not disappoint! Masses of space for everyone to spread out and enjoy themselves, well-appointed bathrooms, comfortable beds and all topped off by a balcony with a fantastic view across the river to the Peter Pan balloon at Downtown Disney! Couldn't fault the apartment at all, nor the location. We stayed in the area called The Springs, which wasn't far to walk to the main reception and was near the pathway where you could walk directly to Downtown Disney for restaurants and shopping - it was perfect. Bus stop right outside for catching the bus to the parks. Only thing I probably wouldn't recommend would be the Quick Service food selection at this resort - having stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, where the food court is much larger and has a variety of food types, I think we were a little spoilt and expected much the same here, but it was quite limited. However, as the apartment has a kitchen, the shop was great and we could prepare food in our apartment for breakfast, etc or walk to Downtown easily. The on-site restaurant "The Turf Grill" was brilliant - wonderful food and very attentive staff. As a family, we have food allergies, but the chef came out every time and went through the menu with us to make sure he wouldn't put anything in that we couldn't have - really helpful. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone wanting to stay at a Disney resort with self catering facilities. Loved it!

Room Tip: The Springs area is great if you don't want to be too far from reception and want to be able to...
portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

If your staying at the Saratoga Spring's your lucky! It's the nicest place i've ever stayed. We stayed here for 10 days end of Oct, We had A 2 bed villa & it was so roomy it was untrue. Master bedroom had a VERY large bed with a big tv & a jacuzzi bath! With a seperate toliet & shower. Then we had the living area with an open planned kitchen & the 2nd bedroom had 2 double beds & a bathroom. It even has a dishwasher & a washing machine which was excellent as came home with no washing! Mousekeeping provide you with dishwasher & washing tablets.
Ok the resort is amazing, it has awesome pools & is so spotlessley clean everywhere. Staff are very helpful & the free buses run all the time to all the Disney park's, water parks & downtown disney frequently. We never waited more than 5 mins for a bus.
If you are on the disney dining plan I would reccomend buying breakfast stuff for your villa & using the plan for lunch & dinner. The disney dining plan was excellent, we ate in places like Planet Hollywood & Rainforest cafe. This was truly the best place I have ever stayed in Disney & would love to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!