“Hotel on Alafaya, thumbs up.” 5 of 5 stars

Golf Package
Ranked #14 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leavenworth, United States
“Hotel on Alafaya, thumbs up.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Excellent place to stay. Clean surroundings, well kept, good food and excellent service. Close to UCF and several government contract facilities. Only 35 miles from JFK Space Center and closer to Universal Studios and Disney World.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Harry W,

Thank you so much for your review here on Tripadvisor. We do appreciate your great feedback and cannot thank you enough for sharing it with other travelers.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Steffi Snelling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My son and I flew in from NJ to stay one night at the closest and most economical hotel so he could visit and tour Full Sail University. From the moment we stepped on the property the people were warm and welcoming. I was also surprised to learn that not only drinks and snacks were available for us for free (pretty standard at these hotels), but dinner was as well. So after a long travel day we were able to relax and have a nice dinner at no additional cost. And even though the menu was limited, it was very good. Additionally the rooms were large, clean and provided the space me and my son needed to spread out and have 'our own space'. The toiletries were great, the room temp. was wonderful and the tv's were large and state of the art. I especially loved the little touches. Sanitary wipes on every remote control and a special twist to the shower curtain to make you feel special. I've stayed at many Hitlon's - even the Conrad in Tokyo - which is amaxing by the way. But for the money and location I was more than happy with the room, amenities, special offers, but the staff as well was so warm and welcoming. I told them upon my checkout I'd write this review. Thanks Hilton for a jon well done. By the way the hotel location I'm writing about is the one on North Alafaya in Orlando. Thank you.

Room Tip: The free dinners/cocktails at night and free breakfast in the morning make the price value exception...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Gemini6565,

Thank you so much for choosing Homewood Suites UCF for your trip to Orlando. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your room and the amenities we offer. I especially would like to thank you for your kind remarks on my team that works very hard to make every guest feel special and welcomed. I know sharing your feedback with them during my morning meeting, made their day!

We would love to welcome you back for years to come, should your son decide to attend Full Sail University.

Sylvester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The suite had a full kitchen, dishes and cookware. The bathroom was clean and fully stocked with adequate towels and amenities. The color scheme is inviting and all linens were fresh and of top quality. The living area was welcoming and convenient--TV, couch, reading lamp and Internet. The food was wonderful and the staff courteous and professional.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Susan B,

My team and I are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for your feedback here on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities such as the complimentary breakfast and dinner reception and I am particularly delighted to read your wonderful comments regarding my team. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon. In the meantime we wish you safe travels!

charlottesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed there while looking for housing for our son for college. The staff went out of their way to help us and we were very satisified. The breakfast was excellent! We had eggs and waffles. The staff was pleasant and made sure the breakfast was fully stocked. The room was big enough for four people with plenty of room to move around. We did not feel cramped. Very clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Kim V,

We cannot thank you enough for your glowing review . Your satisfaction means the world to my team and we are delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with everything you needed during your stay. We hope you were successful in finding housing for your son and that we can welcome you again for years to come.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had not stayed in this chain before, but was pleasantly surprised by the comfort provided at such a reasonable price. A true two room suite with a full kitchen and a basket of free munchies and water. Free internet, free breakfast...I kept wondering what was next. OK, it wasn't the Ritz in terms of elegance, but you'll never find a better value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Sklyce,

Welcome to the Homewood family! We are thrilled that you have chosen our hotel for your first experience with our brand and cannot wait to welcome you back. I am happy to hear that you were able to fully enjoy our rooms and the included amenities.

Safe travels, we will see you soon!

Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel fulfills all the standard things a hotel should have. The rooms are clean and of good size for a suite. The pool is ok, nothing special and the box where the towels are kept could be modernized a little plus the towels should actually be renewed. Some were bleached and the color was gone. I suppose they were clean, but as raggedy as they looked you can get a wrong impression. (I recommend white towels).

Otherwise everything was fine. I think the price of mid hundred dollars is a bit high, but I assume it is because, it is so close to UCF.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Spoily,

Thank you very much for your feedback here on Tripadvisor. I thank you for your recommendations and will make sure to discuss them with my team. We hope you choose to return to our hotel when your travels bring you back to the UCF area.

Summerville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

It was a wonderful surprise to have dinner waiting for me and my staff after a long day of travel. The room was larger than to be expected, and it was nice to have a separate space from the bedroom to relax after work. Great choice for both a family trip or a work related trip. I will be returning for future stays.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Heather L,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us. It was a pleasure hosting you and your team. We are looking forward to our return soon.

Steffi Snelling

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area? Share your experiences!