“best staff ever !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Canada
“best staff ever !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week with my girlfriend, my mother in law and my 5 month baby girl. We enjoyed our stay so much ! The staff at this hotel is so incredible... Every staff member were awesome but most of all, the front desk staff who were so nice with us all week long. They always ask us if we need something more to make us feel at home and they always say hello as we walk by, always smiling. The hotel, lobby, rooms were pretty clean, looks like this is a brand new hotel. The rooms have a small kitchen and the bed are ok. The daily breakfast menu change daily and it's very good. From monday to thursday, they offered us a free dinner (something I didn't know when I made the reservation with expedia.ca). This is the first time I've seen this in a hotel. The dinner was verry good and the menu change everyday too. It includes a salad bar and they even offer free wine and beers ! I highly recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Orlando. It's about 40 minutes from disney parks but it's very easy to get there. it's also about 40 minutes to the cocoa beach. Right next to the hotel, there's a Wallgreen so if you need something, no need to take your car to get there. There's also plenty of shop and restaurant near the hotel. The pool and spa are open until 10pm and I didn't see many kids during our stay so it was very quiet all week long inside the hotel and at the pool. There's also a basketball court right next to the pool. We had a great time here so don't hesitate to go there, you will not be disappointed. best staff I've seen !

Jean-Francois G.
Melissa L.
Quebec, Canada

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
jstanek, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, March 27, 2011
Dear JeffandMelCanada,

I would like to personally thank you for your time to write such a wonderful review of our Homewood Suites UCF. Our staff was delighted to see your compliments which made them proud. Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectation every time and we are very happy it made a difference in your stay.
We hope to serve you again in the future.
Jan Stanek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have been a resident guest at this hotel since November of 2010. It has not only become my second home, it feels like home. The staff at this hotel is beyond incredible-from the managers, to the front desk staff, to the housekeeping/maintenance staff. They go beyond the extra mile to make sure every guest is comfortable and has everything they need in order to make their stay the best possible. I am witness to this day in and day out. The staff greets everyone who walks by with a smile and a hello. They make every guest feel welcome and at home. They take great care of not only their guests but also of the hotel itself. It is one the cleaniest hotels I have been in. They are constant with the upkeep of the hotel. If something needs attending to, they are on it right then and there. There is no delay whether it is something in the common areas of the hotel (lobby, pool, breakfast area, etc) or a guests room. The rooms themselves are well maintained and comfy. Kitchens are well equipped. There is plenty of storage space (I know bc Ive been here since November!!). The bed, bedding and pillows are very comfortable. I have had no problems with the quality of sleep I get and the rooms are very quiet. The common areas are as comfortable as well. The lounge area has a tv and the breakfast area is very accomadating. The pool area is very nice as well. I have spent many a warm day relaxing by the pool whether its to take the day off or to work. The added ammenity to the pool area includes a basketball and volleyball court. So there is always something to do. The daily breakfast offers options that will please anyone. The menu changes daily (a plus for those with an extended stay) and offers the staples (cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, etc.) The breakfast goes beyond what you normally get at other hotels. The nightly reception Mon-Thurs is just plain awesome. No other hotel offers complimentary dinner 4 nights out of the week. It includes a salad bar and beverages. The quality of the food is great. An A+! I could go on. I have nothing negative to say about any aspect of this hotel. It is in great location near UCF and the highways are nearby to take out to the beach or the parks. There are good restaurants and shops within 2-3 miles, plus the staff is in the know with the surrounding areas and will get you whereever you need to go. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Orlando whether its for business or pleasure. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
jstanek, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Dear spatel14,

Thank you very much for your time to review our Homewood Suites UCF on Trip Advisor. Our team really appreciates your kind words of compliments. It has been a pleasure to have you with us.

Best Regards,

Eagan, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I picked this hotel based on the rave reviews on Trip Advisor. it doesn't live up to the reviews. The hotel is far from any attraction but is located in a pretty quiet area and is close to shopping and dining. The hotel itself is quiet. To get to Disney will take you about 45 minutes and you will pay a bit in tolls. You also pay tolls to get to the hotel from the airport. The rooms are very small, not what I've had in other Homewood Suites. The closet is a joke and the door won't open far enough to get a suitcase in to sit on the luggage rack. The bathroom and sink area are very small and the sink is open to the bedroom. The beds are uncomfortable and the pillows are like rocks. The sofa and chair are worn out and the decor is unattractive. When we came back after our first day of activities the bed had been made and dirty towels removed, but nothing in the bathroom had been wiped or cleaned and the empty Kleenex box hadn't even been replaced. To give the staff credit, I complained and the rest of our stay the room was nicely cleaned and they left us an apology gift basket. They even dusted the top of the tv armoire which I hadn't mentioned but obviously hadn't been dusted in a long time. The front desk staff is excellent and very helpful. The lobby is attractive. The breakfast is just average. I've had much better at other properties. All in all, this hotel is just average and next time I would pick one more centrally located.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
jstanek, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Dear brendaSt_Paul_MN,

I'm sorry we were not able to provide you with quality of services and amenities you deserve. We appreciate your comment and we will be sure to address the housekeeping issues.

Our hotel is located near the University of Central Florida and is convenient to Downtown Orlando. I hope you will consider our hotel in the future if you need to visit those areas.

Thank you for your feedback.

Chesterfield, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We recently stayed at Homewood Suites while we were visiting Full Sail University with our teenage son. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant and enjoyable. The location was great for what we were in Orlando for. I would like to mention a few staff members that went out of their way to help us. First upon our late arrival, Emily was very nice and professional. Second, Griffin went out of his way to help us with future visits to Orlando. Also the members of housekeeping were pleasant and made sure we had everything that we needed. The breakfast was great and the kitchen staff was as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I know we will stay here again in the near future.
Melissa T.
Chesterfield, SC

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
jstanek, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Dear MelissaT,

I would like to personally thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites UCF. It has been a pleasure for the entire team here at Homewood Suites to have welcomed you and your family. We are very thankful that you took the time to recognize our employees in the Front Desk, Kitchen and Housekeeping department and are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family again soon. Good luck to your son with Full Sail University.

Steffi Snelling
Flint
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

We just returned from a five day stay at this suite hotel. Although nothing was terribly wrong, there was nothing terribly great about this hotel. The room itself was adequate however, everything seemed a little on the small side. The living room, kitchenette, dining area, bath and bedroom were just okay. The bed was comfortable. The daily breakfast was okay. The room service did a nice job daily. The location is a bit out of the way for Disney attractions etc. I think for the money, I would have preferred to spend a little more and get a few more creature comforts.
They also need to install flat screen TVs. The hotel opened in 2004, plenty of time for LCD TVs. Also, our 3:30 am wake-up call was 15 minutes late which would have put a crunch on our time had I not wakened myself up at 3:30 am. I also had to call the front desk three times to get an extra luggage rack for the room. It arrived after I asked to speak with the manager.

Dear rmerje,

Thank you very much for your time to review our hotel. I really appreciate your comments and I assure you that it will be used to improve our service. I apologize for a problem with wake up call system and the fact that you had to call down to front desk three times for a luggage cart. Please call me at your convenience at 407-282-0067 to discuss your hotel stay in more detail.
I understand how you feel about the TVs. We are very exited to replace them next month with 42" flat screen HDTVs. I sincerely hope that you will be able to experience our new upgrades in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

We stayed 6 nights. The staff was exceptional. The included breakfasts, and the managers evening receptions were better than average. (close to restaurant quality) The location was good, but the trip to Disneyworld was about a half an hour with two stops for tolls. Having Walgreens right next door was a plus. A lot of restaurants since this is a college area. The suite was nice and clean, with small rooms. The mattress was fine. The kitchen was complete and very adequate. The free high speed internet and parking was a big plus. The only downside to us was a very drafty air conditioning system in the living area and an uncomfortable couch. All in all we enjoyed our stay. This is a quality place, but number 1 in Orlando might be an overstatement.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
jstanek, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Dear pugaroo,

Thank you for your time to review our Homewood Suites near UCF on Trip Advisor. Our team was very exited to see that they have done exceptional job and that you had enjoyed our food selection during breakfast and dinner as well as other hotel's amenities. I apologize for any inconvenience with the couch in your living room and drafty ac unit. We appreciate your comments and we will use them to improve our operation in the future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

This was just right as a base for our family trip to Orlando. Clean, friendly staff, room had everything we needed and breakfast included was fine. The location was OK for us because its on the right side of Orlando for the Space Coast but this is a compromise because the theme parks can easily take an hour in rush hour traffic. It is next to a Wallgreens which is very convenient but you will need to get in the car for anything else.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
jstanek, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Dear SimonBJ,

Thank you very much for your time to write a review of our Homewood Suites near UCF. We are very happy to hear you and your family had a pleasant stay while visiting Space Coast and Orlando's theme parks. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to be your "home away from home" in the future.

Best Regards,

Jan Stanek

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area? Share your experiences!