“Wonderful meal to meet princesses” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #186 of 3,166 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, part of the Norway Pavilion within Epcot theme parkWorld Showcase, provides a Disney Princess Storybook Dining experience in a medieval castle-themed restaurant. Here, you can delight in American cuisine for breakfast and Norwegian-inspired entrees for lunch and dinner.Each meal starts with an adventurous "Taste of Norway," an impressive Norwegian buffet (koldtbord) of cold dishes. For breakfast, American favorites are served family style as well as from a breakfast buffet featuring breakfast breads, a yogurt station and a selection of fresh fruit.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful meal to meet princesses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had read many reviews prior to making reservations. I was a bit apprehensive, because I thought the food would be awful and I was only paying for photo ops. But, in reality, the food was very good. The photo ops with the princesses was nice, too. My daughter loved her surprise lunch (at 3:10pm) with the princesses. The waiter, Mikkel, was awesome and even provided us with an extra piece of chocolate mousse since my daughter refused to share with me. Most of the princesses were nice. I felt very rushed and wasn't pleasantly treated by Belle or the photographer at the entrance. I know they see millions of people each day and just want the line to go fast and smoothly, but they were a bit too passive aggressive for me. Snow White, Cinderella and Ariel totally made up for that unpleasantness, though. I never knew Snow White was so creative and funny! I was happy to schedule a late lunch. Meal was filling and we didn't need dinner. We just ate a huge breakfast that morning and had small snacks that I brought with me around our normal lunch time. Our total bill was around $75-80 for just my daughter and I.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

OKLAHOMA CITY
“Princesses!! food okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The reason to go here is for the princess dinner. The food was just okay. The atmosphere was great and it was nice to see so many princesses

Hamden, Connecticut
“A memory was made, a wonderful one at that!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We went for lunch, 7 adults and two princesses, age 4 and age 9 and received royal treatment! The staff was lovely and the family portrait and time with Belle was marvelous. Our waitress was from Norway and was so friendly and charming. The salad and cheese meat bar was scrumptious, and everyone loved their meals they ordered off the menu. Salmon received raves and I loved my steak sandwich. Dessert was delicious, and was served family style with 3 different offerings....yummy. The best part was the princesses stopping by and spending time with the girls and allowing us time to get the perfect pictures. I also requested each of the princesses to let me take a photo of them with my boyfriend. They were so nice and accommodating! The princesses gathered all the young guest princesses for a parade around the castle was very cute! We saw Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Belle and I a might be missing one or two. We used the Disney Dining Plan and it was 1 meal compared to Cinderella's Royal table which was 2. We would do it again, and probably not do the Royal Table again. Go and watch the smiles on the little ones which makes everyone smile!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Dinner with the Princesses!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Make sure you make a reservation for this dinner or any other character dining a few months in advance, you can't just waltz in without a reservation. It will vary each day for which princess is going to be there. For us, when we first walked inside before we were seated, we got to take 2 pictures with Belle! It was really nice because photos are included in your dining package, the princesses that showed up to our table was Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, and Snow White. We all took pictures with the princesses and they spent plenty of time at our table and talked to my kids, even my 3 year old son was in love with the princess experience, not to mention my 8 year old daughter was ecstatic because this was a surprise for her and she knew nothing about it until she saw them walk in. The whole experience was breathtaking. The food was delicious, they had a salad buffet/bar, the dinner was exceptionally wonderful, and dessert was also included. Now the price on the other hand, I think that this was extremely overpriced. We paid $240.00 (they include the tip on the bill) for 5 people, (3 adults, 2 children). I thought our bill was overwhelmingly ridiculous. Next time we plan on coming here, I will have to make sure to save up for the dinner itself. All that mattered to me at the time, was the experience that my children had, that part was absolutely priceless!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Alabama
“Food Poisoning at Akersush Royal Banquet Hall”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We spent thousands of dollars to take our daughter and granddaughter to Disney World. On March 28, 2014 we ate dinner at Akersush Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot. Several hours later I woke up during the night with extreme nausea. Around 5:00 I started vomiting and had diarrhea. My daughter was experiencing some of the same symptoms. We both had the shrimp salad on the appetizer bar. I called the front desk of the resort we were staying at and they put me through to Disney's claim department. I was told there were no complaints of food poisoning at Akersush. I didn't make a claim because I thought if it was food poisoning others would have called. As it turns out, I learned that the claims department always says there are no complaints, even if there are complaints. Here it is, 3 days later and I am still nauseated and still have diarrhea. THANKS DISNEY!!! Thank goodness this happened at the end of our trip. I did miss out on a full day in Disney World hugging the garbage can. Disney... The happiest place on earth??

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere