“Fun Princess Dining” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #161 of 3,095 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, part of the Norway Pavilion within Epcot theme parkWorld Showcase, provides a Disney Princess Storybook Dining experience in a medieval castle-themed restaurant. Here, you can delight in American cuisine for breakfast and Norwegian-inspired entrees for lunch and dinner.Each meal starts with an adventurous "Taste of Norway," an impressive Norwegian buffet (koldtbord) of cold dishes. For breakfast, American favorites are served family style as well as from a breakfast buffet featuring breakfast breads, a yogurt station and a selection of fresh fruit.
“Fun Princess Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a busy restaurant, be prepared to check in outside, then wait 10-15 minutes in the heat for your table. I have eaten here three times, (three years in a row), and it has been consistent. Once your name is called, you will be escorted inside to have two photos taken with Belle, which are complimentary. A server will then escort you to your seats and take drink orders. I have always eaten here for their princess breakfast. A cold buffet is available with pastries, salads, fresh fruit, cheese, and smoked fish. Your server will bring a platter of scrambled eggs, (a bit on the runny side), sausage, bacon, and a potato casserole, served family style. They will bring you more of any or all items if you run out. The country Akershus represents is Norway, and like all world showcase countries, the servers are young people from their country. I usually find them a bit on the inexperienced side, but not so much that it overly detracts from the meal. There are always 4 princesses that come to the table. Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, and Ariel have been there each time we went. I personally love the food here, and the family style servings are always a plus for me, as it is food my children will eat. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant if you want fine dining, or a romantic atmosphere. It's best for families with little girls, who like standard American breakfast items.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Leesville, Louisiana
“Wonderful New Year's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We went here for Breakfast on New Year's Day.
It was a WONDERFUL experience.
I would recommend this for anyone that wanted to do a Princess Dining.
We hard early reservations before the Park opened.
We had no problem getting inside the park and going to the Restaurant.
We allowed extra time to make sure we got to our reservation on time and we actually get there extremely early.
So we walked around the area's that we open and still had time to spare so we went up to the reservation desk and told them that we were early and wanted to let them know we were here and they said that, that was okay we could go ahead and get in line to have our picture's taken.
We did that and we got to have our picture taken with Belle.
She was GREAT.
She saw that we were celebrating my Birthday and was extra special with me.

When we were seated we had a excellent view of the whole restaurant and we had a Wonderful Server.

He kept us well filled up on everything we needed.
When he brought me my cupcake and Birthday Card signed by all the Character's I asked him to sign my Birthday Card and he was surprised that I asked him to sign it and said all the Character's had sign it for me and I said I know that, but I would really like you to sign it too, because you have made this a wonderful experience.
So he sign his name and wrote Happy New Year in Norwegian.

The Princess's were Wonderful too. They all wished me a Happy Birthday.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southington, Connecticut, USA
“Dine for the princesses..not the food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

As prevous reviewers mentioned average meal is $250 for a family of 5, which we are and we would have gone elsewhere if we had known just how bad the food is. We had selected this as our only character dining meal, so our three daughters could be up close with the princesses. If it wasn't for the princesses this really would have been a huge disappointment. Even with reservations you wait over a 1/2 hr to go inside and get a picture, then you wait some more for your table. My kids had the chicken which we thought was a safe bet, and none of them ate it. It was salty and tough. The salmon my husband had wasn't cooked right and the pork chops were like shoe leather. To be honest it was our worst meal the whole 8 days we were at Disney. Book early and try the Cinderella castle instead if your looking to dine with the princesses.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Novi, Michigan
“My girls Loved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My Girls Loved meeting the princess, my 2 year old ate for free a almost 25.00 meal.
The Chicken was very tasty for the adults and Snow White and the Little Mermaid really out did themselves.
My 2 year old is a mermaid fan she spent so much time warming up to her Snow White had me convinced she was the real thing. I loved the whole experience.
Our server was wonderful and friendly as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“We liked it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were able to make last minute reservations for a Saturday dinner at 3 p.m. I made the reservations online on Thursday night. It is pricey. For our family of six it was close to $300. Even with reservations we had to wait about 30 minutes before being seated. Part of our wait time was outside and it was HOT. However, there were umbrellas outside to provide shade and the staff came out and offered everyone glasses of water, so that was appreciated. Once inside you get your pictures (max of four, two by Disney staff, two of your own) taken with a Princess. In our case it was Belle. Our server was quick and efficient. He explained how the dinner worked: Appetizers were a buffet, the meal was served to the table, dessert was included. Our family isn't afraid to try new things and there was enough variety at the appetizer bar for everyone to find something to eat including: peel and eat shrimp, various smoked fish and meats, creamy salads, green salad, and cheese and crackers. For dinner we had salmon, mac 'n' cheese, mushroom stuffed pasta and Norwegian meatballs. Everything was good. I thought we'd have to leave our 16 year-old-son there so he could eat everything again - he LOVED it! During the meal Ariel, Aurora, Mulan and Snow White visited our table for pictures and autographs. As always, they were so sweet and engaging. Even drawing our two boys into the conversations. Just before our dessert was served, the Princesses paraded around the dining hall with their Princesses in Training. It was very cute and happily all children were returned to their correct tables! For dessert we were served two identical sampler platters of chocolate mousse, something like strawberry shortcake, and something similar to tapioca. We all favored the chocolate mousse and the servings were such that we all got to sample all of the desserts. Also, during our meal a cast member brought to our table our photos, which were included in the price of our dining experience. There were two 8x10s, one of our family with Belle and one just with our youngest daughter and Belle. And four 4x6 photos of each pose. We didn't know this was included, so it was a pleasant surprise! We never felt rushed and once people started leaving our server, who of course was from Norway, gave our older son some information about Norway and how he came to work for Disney. For us it was a good experience.

• Visited October 2013