Just got back from a seven night stay... two adults and one 3 year old child. Overall... the stay was very good... would go back again... would get a larger room and ask to be away from pool.
Stayed in a Studio... which only sleeps two. Housekeeping brought up a mattress from a crib for our three year old to sleep on next to our bed. One bedroom or larger is a must if you want more then one bed in room. No roll aways allowed in Studio (front desk said it was a fire hazard).
We were on the third floor of the Bianka Villa (building #1 next to front desk) with room overlooking the pool. Pool noise was too much... pools opens at 8am and closes at 11pm. Noise started at about 10am and went at times until midnight... at least 11pm each night. Pool has a large waterfall feature... very noisy when you have the sliding glass door to screened in porch open. Pool also has music/speakers all around it... playing music up until 11pm each night. Waterfall noise was not audible with sliding glass door closed. However, the pool music, people in the pool, people at the bar next to pool... very audible with sliding glass door closed. Guest traffic at front of room... along open hall way... was also very audible in room (could hear full conversations, roller bags on tile, etc). Construction going on on far side of complex... didn't hear it or notice it.
Would not suggest a ground floor room... traffic in front of room/hall would be too much. As would people walking by and looking into room/screened porch. Foot traffic near room can be high if on main walkway between buildings/near pool/front desk.
Hotel is set up as a time share... we didn't book it as a time share... just got a room like you would at a hotel. Having the kitchentte (sink, micro, refrig/freez, plates, utensils, etc) was nice... for snacks and small meals.
Hotel was very clean though out... seemed brand new. Hotel staff very friendly and courteous.
Prices in the small deli/store on site... expensive as one would suspect ($6.50 for a gallon of milk). Deli food was OK... food at bar was not very good. Grocery store, drug store, and some quick serv food places across the street (Subway, Chinese, McDonald's, Sushi, Venezualen, etc). There looked to bus stop in front of hotel as well. Very large outlet mall within 10 to 15 minute walk.
Hotel grounds are large... 15 to 20 minute walk from back portion of complex to the grocery store and other stores near by.
Not as large as other Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld... which is nice since it means less traffic, etc. Had a friend staying at HGV at SeaWorld... 5 minute drive from this property. SeaWorld location not as nice or as new as this one.
Location on south end of International Drive is nice and quiet compared to other areas in Orlando... close to Disney (10 minute drive), close to SeaWorld (5 minute drive), close to airport (20 minute drive), close to freeway access (5 to 10 minutes). Away from very busy north end of International Drive. Area north of Convention Center on Int'l Drive... very busy with car and pedestrian foot traffic.
Shaded children's playground near pool (small in size), small basketball/tennis court, small on site video arcade, pool tables, small young child activity center, etc. Daily 1 to 2 hour activities for kids (movie by the pool, crafts, animal show, etc).
Pressure to buy into time share was almost non existent... wasn't forced into a sales pitch, etc. Saw people getting time share tour... seemed very low key/non pushy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful family resort, Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive is just minutes to Orlando's world famous attractions including Walt Disney World®, Universal Orlando®, SeaWorld® Orlando, Aquatica® and is adjacent to Orlando Premium Outlets® - Vineland Ave. Guests of Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive enjoy a remarkable family vacation experience from the elegantly appointed studios, one and two-bedroom suites to the abundant resort activities. Hotel views include fabulous swimming pools, water features and a bird's eye view of the lush 34-acre resort grounds inspired by the beauty and ambiance of Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites On International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Orlando
- Hilton Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club International Drive
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club Orlando
- Orlando Hilton
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive