“Beautiful Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive

You added Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive to your Saves list
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8122 Arrezzo Way, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X POINTS PACKAGE!
Ranked #22 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Beautiful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Loved the layout of the resort. From our arrival to the day we left, it was always a wonderful experience. Plenty of things to do and the communications sharing all the activities for the upcoming day is very helpful and demonstrates exceptional customer service that Hilton is known for. This resort will not disappoint.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Novato, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I don't know...I just have mixed feelings about this place. Overall it is a beautiful and well maintained property. But something is missing. And I can't quite pinpoint what it is so maybe I'm being unfair. I think it's just the whole aspect of the timeshare thing that turns me off. They just seem to have a different energy.
The rooms were good. You can tell they put an effort into quality furniture and such. The people were very friendly. The pool was nice but nothing special. It would have been nice to have a lazy river and a swim up bar. I didn't eat on site so I can't comment on the restaurants.
The things I disliked were minor. The parking sucked. The rooms were a little noisy...I could hear the people next door; not to mention the helicopters flying by. The TV was very fuzzy but nothing I would complain about because I don't watch a lot of TV. And coincidentally, I just happened to run into the TV guy in the elevator and he asked me how mine was working. I told him it wasn't and he went right up and fixed it. So that was a plus.
But on the opposite end of that, I missed the maid service one day so I called just to ask for some replacement bath towels. I went out to dinner and came back two hours later and no towels. This was from 6 to 8pm. I called again...9pm came around and still nobody showed up. Now what do I do? I'm ready for bed so do I risk calling one more time only to have someone knock on my door at 10pm when I'm sound asleep? I let my g/f call (who was a lot more forceful) and the towels came up in 10 minutes.
I'm from California and I usually go to Hawaii for vacation and stay at the Grand Wailea or the Four Seasons so maybe I'm a little spoiled. But trust me, if you stay at the Four Seasons and call for towels or extra pillows or anything else you might need or want, somebody is at your door in less than 10 minutes after the call with a big smile on their face. There is no 2nd, much less, 3rd call.
But like I said, those things are minor. The thing that turns me off the most is the sales pitch. You know it's coming. But they're so sly about their technique they don't even give you an opportunity to say "no thank you" before they waste 10 minutes of your time after you sat on a plane for hours and fought through traffic to get there and all you want to do is go to your room an unwind. I've been in sales and I'd run circles around these guys by simply being polite, genuine and honest. Not trying to conceal the sale with a free breakfast.
And timeshare sales is nothing I would EVER get involved with. Those things are the biggest scam. I don't know the full details of the prices so maybe I'm wrong but I think they're in the $15,000 range with $500 closing costs and $700 maintenance fee for 7 nights. Do some simple math: I paid $120 a night...just the maintenance fee and closing costs MORE than cover what I paid. So what am I giving them my hard earned $15,000 for? Hello? They'd have a hard time GIVING me one of those timeshares! And anybody who finances one ought to have their head examined.
I don't mean to be rude to anybody who has bought one, but they're not for me. And there's nothing wrong with the property so by all means book it and enjoy. If it came down to it, I would stay here again. Will I? No. There are too many other properties in the area to try out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While we’re thrilled you found our Team Members to be friendly and to hear you thought the resort was a beautiful and well maintained property, we ‘re also sorry to hear the place didn’t do it for you. None the less, we truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to be of service to you and thank you again for your feedback.

Peter M. Merrill
General Manager HGV Orlando Resorts
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed here for 6 days/5 nights and had an absolutely wonderful stay. Front desk was awesome and courteous. Housekeeping was fantastic by cleaning the room everyday and keeping us well supplied with towels and coffee. Pool was always welcoming. Every staff member we had contact with was great. We are picky - it takes a lot to satisfy us - really satisfy us, and I can honestly say that each and every moment that we stayed here was a pleasure. They have every detail covered in your room - you are directly across the street from Publix, Subway and other shopping - directly nextdoor to the Premium Outlet - your roomkey even gives you special access directly into the mall. You are minutes away from Disney and Sea World. What more can you ask for? Also for families, this is a VERY active resort - they have activities every day, all day -- we got to sit by the pool at dusk enjoying dinner and watching Disney's Frozen - how does it get any better? Contrary to bad reviews on here, give it a try, you won't be disappointed. As for the bad reviews, I can only assume they are by people that are always "those chronic complainers" or they truly had a bad experience for some reason. We didn't find anything wrong at all -- we loved our time there.

Room Tip: If you like the mall, get close to a gate. Get a room close to the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The unit we stayed in was spacious, well designed for use by 6 adults. Plenty of room for everyone. Enough space for privacy for all. A great location for golf. Near to theme parks. Easy drive to Interstate or Toll roads. Lots of restaurants near to resort, easy to drive to. Grocery and pharmacy very close.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I spent the day at the Magic Kingdom and needed a hotel for just one night before going to Epcot the following the day and heading out of town. The night before, while searching through the many hotels the Orlando area has to offer, we found the Hilton for a great price.

We entered the property about 6:30PM and were promptly greeted at the gate by a friendly employee asking if we needed to check in. I gave her our name while she searched for our reservation. She then gave us directions to the clubhouse where we parked and was escorted to the registration desk by one of the bell hops.

Check in was quick and easy. Note: They do put a $100 hold on your credit card for "incidentals". I was notified before they did this. We were then given information about the property including the location of our room, pools, restaurants, etc.

We had a king bed studio suite. The room itself was a little on the small side, but suitable. It included the bed, small kitchen with refrigerator, working desk, screened in balcony, etc. Everything was clean and well taken care of.

We did notice a little bit of noise. After coming back from being off the property for dinner they were planning a movie by the pool. You could hear the noise from the movie despite having the door closed six floors up. Our room did not even face the area, but it was close.

Express check out was quick and simple. Just call an automated line that you are checking out and leave the keys in your room. Check in is 4PM and check out is 10AM. Something to keep in mind. Free parking, free wifi and no hidden "resort fee" make this property a big plus! The location to shopping, restaurants and the theme parks is very ideal.

I have included a few pictures of our room and the property. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

If you found this review helpful, please let me know by clicking the button below. I would greatly appreciate it!

LaCrosse, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I would stay at this Hilton again. Very clean and well maintained property. Except for a long checkout wait, I was impressed with the Hotel staff and they did a great job meeting every need. The beds are excellent and the room was furnished with nice furniture. Kitchen had everything my home has in working order. I would stay at a Hilton agian.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Took the family for an amazing vacation and could not be more pleased with the end result.Front desk was extremly helpful allong with all of the staff. The restaurent had a bit of a wait but the end result was well worth it great food ! See you next year

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive? Share your experiences!