This was my second visit to this resort and it was just as great, maybe better than the first time. The first visit was back in 2009, since that time I've tried a few other hotels/resorts in the area, I usually like to try different places to compare, but decided to come back to Hilton since it was so great the first time.
The resort is very beautiful and extremely clean and well kept up. The suites are roomy and have everything you will need or want. They are fully equipped with washer/dryer/dishwasher, full kitchen with utensils, pots and pans, toaster, glass and dishware. They even give you dishwashing soap and extra garbage bags if you need them. If you don't want to cook since you're on vacation, there is a deli/store where you can buy sandwiches and the bar by the pool serves lots of different items. There is also a pizza place onsite that delivers to your room. Across the road from the resort is a grocery store so you can pick up milk, or whatever else you need. There is also a subway, mcdonalds and Brazillian restaurant across the road as well.
The beds were very comfortable, the screened in porch is fantastic! I love to sit out without having to worry about bugs and just enjoy the lake and pool view. The lake has turtles, carp and ducks which my daughter loved seeing everyday and we even fed the ducks a few times! The resort has an exercise room, a business room to print out boarding passes or just get on the internet, an activity center where you can rent movies to watch in your room (yes, there is a dvd player in the living room). And a game room with lots of video games.
The pool is extremely clean and so big! The staff does activities everyday at the pool, from zumba by the poolside to water aerobics classes and has lots of activities throughout the day for children as well as adults. At night they show a movie at the pool.
My most favorite part of the resort though, is the staff. I've been to over a dozen hotels and resort in the Orlando/Disney area and this resort has the best staff I've ever come across. Everyone is pleasant and says hello and is helpful. From the front desk person who checks you in, to the elevator repairman, the housekeeping staff, the man who cleans the pool, bartenders, everyone, greeted us with a smile, said hello and asked if our stay was going well or if we were enjoying our stay. That's impressive for a resort this big and made the vacation that much more enjoyable.
There is a shuttle that goes to all the Disney and Universal parks but we didn't use it since we rented a car. You are very close to the Disney entrance, maybe 5 minutes and then another 5 from whatever park you are going to.
I loved our trip so much this second time I've already booked another vacation for our family for March for spring break and for next summer. The resort fills up quickly so you have to book early!!
The only negative that I can even come up with is when you book online, you seldom can get the 2 or 3 bdrm suites, they have very limited access and I really would like to try one of their bigger suites one of these visits and invite more of my extended family to come. The one bedroom suites have a king size bed and queen sofa sleeper.
I would highly recommend this resort, you will not be disappointed!!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites On International Drive Hotel
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites On International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Orlando
- Hilton Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club International Drive
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club Orlando
- Orlando Hilton
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive
- Hilton International Drive
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful family resort, Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive is just minutes to Orlando's world famous attractions including Walt Disney World®, Universal Orlando®, SeaWorld® Orlando, Aquatica® and is adjacent to Orlando Premium Outlets® - Vineland Ave. Guests of Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive enjoy a remarkable family vacation experience from the elegantly appointed studios, one and two-bedroom suites to the abundant resort activities. Hotel views include fabulous swimming pools, water features and a bird's eye view of the lush 34-acre resort grounds inspired by the beauty and ambiance of Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Otel, Venere, getaroom.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.