“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Portobello

Portobello
1650 E Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, Downtown Disney, Orlando, FL 32830
+1 407-934-8888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #809 of 2,999 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Every time we come to disney we always stay off property in a Vila where I make and prepare meals for my family. Always thought park foods were rather unappealing however, walking through down town disney We decided to give it a try. It was amazing! The chef that prepares the meal brings out your orders once ready. Staff very friendly and overall a spotless restaurant. Pricing was very reasonable and was expecting a higher bill than what we were billed. Would come here again! Highly reccomend

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
Tampa, Florida
“Don't do it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had read previous reviews, looked at menu and was set on this being the place to celebrate my other half's surprise birthday meal. I assumed with what I had read, and this being a Disney location, that it would be a superb dining experience ... The best thing we consumed was the wine. Our salad was nothing to brag about, and the mozzarella rice balls tasted like they were from the frozen food section. I had ordered the ravioli only to find I got a sheet of pasta instead of a plump filled ravioli. I took one bite and set it to the side. The waitress actually came by and asked if I was done. I've never sent food back, and I certainly did not expect to do it there. They also have outdoor seating but said it was unavailable for some reason. We were very disappointed to say the least, especially for the price!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We ate dinner here and it was very good food! The price wasn't too bad considering we were at Disney! We shared fried rice balls which were fabulous! I got pasta which was so yummy and teens got pizza! Had to wait about 20 mins but not bad! They gave us a text on our phone letting us know our table was ready!! Nice atmosphere! (It was recommended by someone I know that works in Downtown Disney)!

Visited April 2014
“RUDE FRONT OF HOUSE STAFF”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had our meal booked months in advance and my father had even received an email confirmation. I was literally just off a plane with my small child from Ireland and we were told our reservation had been dropped due to a special function. My disabled father had to get ugly and finally we were given a table. BTW this was part of the Disney dining plan and Portobello apparently has " nothing to do with Disney". Our server, Karla, did an outstanding job, but it was difficult to enjoy the evening because of the rude and condescending greeting upon arrival. The pork gnocchi was delicious, the rigatoni nothing special, and the lasagne was nice with meat sauce as recommended by our server. The food was decent, but not a huge standout. Our server did her job well to make us feel welcome, but I most certainly cannot say the same for the front of the house.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Meriden, Connecticut
“Probably not worth repeating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Although we have been to Downtown Disney many times, this is the first time we have eaten here (Dinner.) It is a beautiful restaurant, you can eat indoors or outdoors, there is a great view and the waitress was fantastic. But the food was so-so and somewhat overpriced. I ordered pizza, which was a bit underdone and they have a very limited children's menu.

• Visited April 2014