“The food is perfect and the service is better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Portobello

Portobello
1650 E Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, Downtown Disney, Orlando, FL 32830
+1 407-934-8888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #831 of 3,175 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
“The food is perfect and the service is better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was so impressed by the quality of food and service that I will visit again. A special thank you to Nicholas for going above and beyond. If you plan to visit I rocommend requesting his area.

Kyle Jen & Allie

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your letting us know that the food was perfect and the service even better. We appreciate you taking the time to share your observations and will certainly share your compliments with Nicholas. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.

• Hebrew first
“Amazing food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

My family of 4 went to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had an superb service from Marcus. Everything was perfect. From the appetizers to the desserts. The flavors and presentation of the food was amazing.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are pleased that you joined us for your husband's birthday. It is great to hear that you received superb service from Marcus and that everything was perfect. I would enjoy meeting you the next time you dine with us so please let me know when you are coming at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com.
Tampa,FL
“Spectacular service recovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Seven for dinner. Six entrees were great, however, I was not pleased with the duck our server reccommended. When called to his attention, our server apologized immediately,removed the entre and returned with a menu. Minutes after ordering, Chris a manager, came to the table to apologize and check with all of us. The entre was brought out by a chef, and our waiter and the manager checked with us shortly thereafter.
The mahi mahi was excellent and the service recovery spectacular. I shall go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your compliment regarding your experience at Portobello. We appreciate you taking the time to share your observations and delighted that you highlighted the spectacular service recovery that Chris was able to orchestrate. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Exemplary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was overall an amazing experience, Portobello does not stand out as much as some of the larger restaurants in the area, but certainly deserves as much attention. There is a substancial variety of italian cuisine that is high quality and at the same time a great value. However, the real selling point for myself was the service. The staff at Portobello performed at the aboslute highest level, not only was everything done quickly and efficiently, but the staff was professional yet very approachable and enhanced the experience by an immeasurable amount. The only issue I had with my experience at Portobello was that it hadn't happened sooner.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your shaing your amazing experience at Portobello. We are grateful to you for taking the time to share your observations. We are pleased to know that you appreciated the food quality and our approachable and professional staff. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice atmosphere and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were glad we had reservations in advance since we saw a line and people waiting an hour to get in. We got seated right on time. The food exceeded my expectations. My daughter and I had fish and my husband a steak. It was a very good. It is a pretty restaurant and the staff were all friendly and on top of the service.

Visited April 2013
Portobello08, Manager at Portobello, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your complimentary comments. We appreciate you taking the time to share your observations and are delighted that the food exceeded your expectations and our staff was friendly and on top of service. Please contact me at dlewis@levyrestaurants.com the next time you plan on dining with us so that I can have the opportunity to thank you personally.