“Bad service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Portobello

Portobello
1650 E Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, Downtown Disney, Orlando, FL 32830
+1 407-934-8888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #891 of 3,263 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
“Bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Good food but service was incompetent and bordering on rude. Forgot about us a couple of times....basically ruined our evening.

• Hebrew first
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent lunch in Downtown Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to look for a nice place for lunch in downtown Disney. Right next to the terribly dissapointing Fultons Grab House was Portobello Trattoria. Excellent service, friendly waitress and good food ! Had Ceasars Salad for starters and Pasta Linguine with Clams for main course. Both very good. Would come again !

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Kissimmee, Florida
“Good food and poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I recently saw a friend (you know who you are) check into this restaurant and realized I have never reviewed it, though I have eaten here several times. This restaurant is located at Downtown Disney. I like this place despite the high prices. It is a Italian Eatery. The last time we went there, we had to wait for a table despite having reservations, so we sat at the Meatball Bar which I thought was a cute name.
The bartender was nice but It was 10 minutes and a lot of waving before she acknowledged our existence. We paid for our drinks and took them when we were seated, I ordered the Portobello Mushroom (seemed like a good idea), Ravioli Gigante, and you get olive oil and roasted garlic complimentary. Service was extremely slow and I found my water glass empty twice during dinner. The roasted garlic was probably the best part of the meal, though the portobello mushroom was very good. It is served with Gorgonzola, polenta, and rosemary sauce. The ravioli is filled with ricotta and spinach and the sauce has tomato, basil, toasted garlic. It was good but not great.
When our check arrived, our drinks from the bar were charged, When I pointed this out to the server, she proceeded to argue with me that she had brought them to us. The bartender was still working so I brought the server to the bar to get confirmation that we had purchased our drinks at the bar. The server agreed, but 15 minutes later had not returned with the bill. I went and found a manger and he fixed it immediately.

I recommend reservations as this is the only Italian place at Downtown Disney and is usually busy even during slow seasons. The place is cute, but the service could use a little kick in the pants.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Nice Diner Experience at Downtown Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Like most restaurants in Downtown Disney there is a long line up before you get to your table but if you don't mind waiting, you will enjoy the food and the service at Portobello. In our case, the service was exceptional, the best in our week in Orlando. The 3 members of the family ordered 3 different meal and we were all delighted by the food. Pricing is a bit high but you are at Downtown Disney so I guess it makes sense when you look at the price of whatever you get there.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gates Mills, Ohio
“Server was nice, food poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Family came in with expectations of having a nice meal. The Server was great, appitizers were good, the two boys ordered Steak from the childrens menu. When they got their meal the steak looked like they were warmed up from the night before. My Caesar Salad had nothing but romaine lettice and a few anchovies. They forgot the croutons and brought them out on a plate later.

Very disappointed they tried to pass old steak!

• Visited January 2013