“Enjoyable Meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Portobello

Portobello
1650 E Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, Downtown Disney, Orlando, FL 32830
+1 407-934-8888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #809 of 2,999 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The menu at Portobello was born in the bounty and harvest of the Italian countryside. Celebrating the simplest flavors of Italy; crusty breads, sun-ripened tomatoes, house-cured meats, freshly caught fish, fruity olive oils and sharp, pungent cheeses.
Frisco, Texas
“Enjoyable Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We ate here for dinner one night. The food was very good. They had a nice variety of options on the menu. The roasted garlic you get with the meal was delicious! Our waiter was very good and attentive. It was a little pricey but consistent with all the other restaurants in the Disney area. It's a good option if you're in the mood for some Italian food.

Visited December 2012

• Hebrew first
Navarre, Florida
“great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stopped in here before going to the show. Outstanding meal and a decent price. Gnochi and Mahi Mahi both good choices

Visited December 2012
“Horrible customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went there after a long day at the disney parks and were given the weird look because we dressed in khaki shorts and sneakers. We felt ackward the whole entire time as our waiter was being ackward as well. We just finished up and left right away. My idiology is "if I could afford it, you will serve me no matter how I'm dressed".

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
clermont
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were disappointed with most of the dinner. For appetizers portobello mushroom was good, shrimp was good but eggplant strips which were good tasting were barely warm. They would have been wonderful if they had been hot. The crostinies were ugh! The pasta dishes were a pasty, sticky sauce and barely warm. The menu said the shrimp dishes were rock shrimp but they were tiny regular shrimp. When we asked the waiter he said that is how it has always been. I would call that deception! The othere meals were ok. There are too many other great Italian restaurants in Orlando. I would skip this one the next time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Went in for dinner on Friday, December 14th. I was alone, and the wait for a table was 30-40 minutes. The hostess informed me that the bar area was open seating, and I found a table right away.

I always appreciate when a server knows about the food and is willing to make recommendations. Dennis was my server and his recommendations were spot on. I will be returning for the portobello mushroom appetizer for sure!

I sat in the bar, where the atmosphere was nice and lively. Overall the restaurant seemed a good place for families & groups. But I also noticed some quieter nooks that would serve for a more intimate dining experience.

I forgot my credit card at the table when I left and Dennis found me outside to give it back to me. Now THAT is service :)

Will be back!