“I have never been to a Hibachi Restaurant...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Teppan Edo

Teppan Edo
EPCOT Center, Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)
407 939 3463
Improve this listing
Ranked #160 of 3,180 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Bridgeton, New Jersey
“I have never been to a Hibachi Restaurant...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

so for this to be my first experience, my family was impressed. This was one of our sit-down dinners on the Disney Dining Plan. Our family of 8 had made reservation prior to our trip. The 4 kids were just amazed at the performance of our chef. How did she make that volcano out of onion rings? We were seated at a table in on of the back rooms, so the noise level was minimal. The food was very good. We were trying to do different things this trip and Teppan Edo was a great addition!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Alabama
“Decent but have had better Hibachi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Love eating at Hibachi places so my wife and I decided to do dinner at the one in Epcot. The food was good but the price was over course a little higher due to the resturant being in the park. I honestly didn't find the food that much better than any other Hibachi returant I have eaten at. I will probably not eat there again (Visit Disney every year with family). There are better places in Epcot.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Texas
“The food was great, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had reservations for six, including two kids, and everyone loved the food. The only disappointment was our chef. She was not very engaging or entertaining. I've been to Hibachi restaurants at home that were much more entertaining that she was. I would still recommend this place because the food was delicious (and hopefully you will get a different chef)!

Visited October 2013
Virginia
“Good, but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had dinner at Teppan Edo in October 2013. There were 6 of us (4 adults, 1 child and a toddler). We had a reservation and we were seated shortly after arriving at the restaurant. The facility is big and everyone who worked there was pleasant and attentive.

Our chef was great and very entertaining. He accommodated a number of special requests and paid an appropriate amount of attention to the children.

Food is cooked on the hibachi grill - all entrees were served with noodles and a bowl of rice. I would have preferred to have fried rice and no noodles, but that was not the process at this restaurant. Thus, my review gives a good, but not great rating.

I would return to the restaurant when (and if) I am at Epcot again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“Excellent Service and Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This restaurant seats you at a table with eight seats surrounding a hot cooking table where the chef prepares your food.

There were various options including vegetables, seafood, chicken and steak.

The service was excellent right from check in to drink orders, refills, food preparation, attention to dietary restrictions, timeliness of the final check and payment options.

If you have been to the large chain Benihanas, I would say it is a similar experience but a significan step above in both the food and service.

For being inside of a theme park, the price seemed perfectly reasonable for the food and experience.

• Visited October 2013