“The best part about the diner are the cars.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mel's Drive-In

Mel's Drive-In
1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)
407.363.8000
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,005 of 3,166 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Lake City, Florida
“The best part about the diner are the cars.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I can't say that the food wasn't good because all I had was their chili cheese fries & they were good. My favorite part of the experience were the cars out front. I'm obsessed with old cars. My only complaint about the place is that whole time we were eating, they were birds flying in & out.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Clearwater, Florida
“Good food but crowded!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I ate here for my first time since 2002 when I had an annual pass to Universal / Islands. I was with my brother and his girlfriend (who's a cast member at Disney World) and we were visiting for the Halloween Horror Nights event this year (2012). When we got there, it was around 10:30-11:00 at night and we had just found out that it (the event) was sold out!

We decided to get some food and headed here. Food was really good. I got the Bacon Burger and my brother and girlfriend shared a side of Onion Rings. Food was very good. The place was clean, staff was friendly and service was great!

Only few down side were:

1) The long line to order

2) Trying to find a table

3) I had the crap scared out of me while I was trying to eat! Yes, I know, I'm at a Halloween event, but they actually let the scare actors into the restaurants this year! I'm ok with it but when I'm trying to eat and having someone coming up behind me and scaring the daylights out of me is a little weird, especially with a mouth full of food! He / she is lucky I didn't spray food all over his / her costume!

Overall, great time there, loved the atmosphere. Have always loved old fashioned things even though I grew up in the 90's.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“ok food, expensive as thought”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

located within universal park, great location to wait for character parades and they dance right on the corner. food was just like rest of park and prices were equal to that as well. $50 for a lunch 2 adults/2kids

Visited November 2012
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
“Crowded and mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Burger: not great. Grilled chicken salad: the chicken was frozen and the lettuce was mostly iceberg. The fries were overseasoned with season-all. Lots of noisy kids. Avoid this place.

Visited November 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Love this old fashioned diner, was even better on Halloween Horror night as Mel's Die-in lol. Food was good for a burger bar. My husband loved the apple pie and ice-cream.

Visited October 2012