“Good food and great time” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #340 of 3,180 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: 1900 Park Fare restaurant in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers breakfast and dinner buffets with American-style cuisine and menu selections that change frequently. Both buffets are hosted by popular Disney Characters who are delighted to pose for photos or sign an autograph.
western ny
“Good food and great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ate there on a Sat night and it was busy but service was quick & good. Once you checked in, they usher you off to wait in line for a photo shoot but with no princesses. They will bring you the photo to your table but it costs extra $. The food was buffet style with a stir fry station, seafood and various salads & a carving station. It was incredibly good. Better than what I expected since this is princess dining. There was prince charming, Cinderella and the 2 step sisters who were hilarious. The meal can be costly if you're not on the dining plan. For me, it was worth it because you get the princesses and the food was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Food - Cute Characters - Service Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were a bit worried with reading the various reviews on this character dinner on what to expect. For this amount of money (we are a family of 5) - you don't want to pay for something that was medicore. We were happy with the food - it was really good. All those who recommended the Strawberry Soup - you were right!! It was really good. Our evening we had a lot of seafood options which made my other half extremely happy. Our kids found options on the menu that they could enjoy and eat. Madame Tremaine and the sisters were awesome - great in character and super interaction with the kids. Especially when the kids were not too sure about them - they did awesome job of talking and teasing the little one. Prince Charming was as flat and lifeless as he is in the original Cinderella movie. Cindrella was not much better but it could be that she is the "main character" and obviously wanted to hit all the tables before the end of the circuit. She was okay but I think she barely spent any time at our table enough for one really quick photo opt and no real interaction with any kid. ("do you want a picture? Great come gather.....Okay see you prince and princesses) Normally we would not care about that but it probably irks us more since the server really did nothing spectacular. She took our drink order, occassionally returned to clear plates - I do mean occasionally not regularly, and did mention how the circuit of characters works. At no time did she do OUTSTANDING service and at no time did she do anything awful unit we paid our bill. I am sorry but I can not justify over $25 for a tip for someone who occassionally showed up. She came back and told us the "tip was not acceptable". I am sorry - I didn't think gratituty was a mandatory thing. It can be recommended - which is how it is listed on the card she gave us again to read. If we knew for sure that the tip was split among others and not straight to her - maybe slightly different but then again for the cost of this meal - I think they are all getting paid something. To come back and discuss the tip with a patron and tell them that it was "not acceptable" is rude. You can ask if there was something wrong, you can ask how to improve, but to tell a person giving you a 'gratituty of service" it is unacceptable seems just wrong. (Also very un Disney like).

We would consider returning to this location for the food again and if characters were different. I will agree that the restaurant acoustics are a bit loud and difficult to converse at your table during the meal but it is not the worest for a dinner environment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very good character experience, food was decent as well. In a good location to get right back at after a nice break, very crowded though be sure to have reservations.

Visited February 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Abundance of choice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Pooh and the gang were a magnificent joy for my kids. Our character breakfast was exceptional. The Grand Floridian Resort was splendorous -a grandeur of a place.

Visited June 2013
White House, Tennessee, United States
“Great Buffets & Thoughtful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were late for our breakfast buffet reservations by no fault of our own. (iPhone calendar app moved my time when we crossed time zones). This was bad news as I had already been up all night with my little girl who wasn't feeling well. The hostess sensed our anxiety and got us in, no problem. She also had the chef decorate a special plate for my son and daughter. The characters were great. The breakfast buffet was Disney's standard but this is incredible. I love the gravy and their sausage links are huge and tasty. Love that they leave a pot of coffee on the table.

We also had dinner here. The characters did well and the sushi bar was awesome. Great choice of sides and beef.

While these meals are buffets (which I don't typically approve of) the food is incredible.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere