“Wow Is This Place Hectic--Avoid!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #322 of 3,000 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 1900 Park Fare restaurant in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers breakfast and dinner buffets with American-style cuisine and menu selections that change frequently. Both buffets are hosted by popular Disney Characters who are delighted to pose for photos or sign an autograph.
USA/Russia
“Wow Is This Place Hectic--Avoid!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I know there is a perception that dining in Disney means standing in long buffet lines, crowds of screaming kids and parents pushing their kid to the front and making a scene. Well to tell the truth, the only place I've ever experienced this was here.
My family and I have enjoyed tens of wonderful Disney meals together where the kids are happy and the parents are happy too. There are a lot of Disney restaurants that strike a perfect balance so that the entire family can enjoy their meals. This is NOT one of them.
It is loud, hectic and full of screaming kids. The food is bland, picked over and the tables are so close together, it's more like communal dining. If your princess is dying to meet Cinderella, skip this and go to the Cinderella's Royal Table instead. It's more expensive, but miles better.

Visited July 2012

Cheshire UK
“Good Character Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good choice of food but the service was only OK, characters were spending a lot of time with the children and talking to them.

Visited February 2013
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Fantastic for Character Meals (Breakfast and Dinner)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great time to spend with Characters. Mad Hatter and Alice in the morning and Cinderella, Step Mother and Step Sisters and Prince Charming. Breakfast fare was pretty standard but fantastic. The dinner buffet was very good. Had a great time at both meals. Special desserts and congratulatory autographed place mats for our anniversary. They take photos in the lobby outside the room while you wait for your turn, they can be a bit expensive but a great thing to have if you have a large group they do provide more than one copy. Definately worth a visit as the lobby of the hotel is amazing. Wish I could afford to stay at the hotel it is wonderful.

Visited February 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I planned a grand Disney experience for my 2 1/2 year old daughter since she loves the princesses. First off, 2 /12 is too young for a kid to get the whole experience and Disney is not cheap... I wish I would have waited until my daughter was at least 4 for it to be worth the price of everything. I planned dinner at 1900 Park Fare with the Cinderella characters. The food was pretty good for a buffet, but overly crowded. The terms and conditions say that anyone three and under is free, but my 2 1/2 year daughter was charged for. My mom so graciously picked up the bill and I did not realize the child was charged for until after we were on our way back to the Hotel. For 4 adults and one 2 1/2 year old the bill was over $200. Make sure you are stating your childs age to the server if they are at a questionable age. The characters come around one by one to each table, and we were seated at the end of the restaurant so it took forever for the characters to come by. We had been finished with all of our food way before the first character came by our table. This made it difficult to entertain my little one who was so antsy to see the characters. Since the characters start at one end and work their way down, they are pretty much not seen for half of the dinner experience. When they did come around they were all gracious and great with my little one... except for the main character - Cinderella. Very disappointing for my 2 1/2 daughter who loves this princess! All the other characters got down to her level to take pictures and converse with her. Cinderella stood tall the entire time and barely talked. The pictures of my daughter with Cinderella are ridiculous because she is so tall next to a 2 1/2 year old. Cinderella stayed at our table for a total of 30 seconds, where the other characters stayed around for at least a few minutes. Little kids can be a bit shy and intimidated at first, and as trained actors working with children, these characters should know how to handle little kids in these situations. With all the other characters, after a minute or so my daughter was completely fine. Cinderella did not even try. Like I said, I was one of the last tables... Cinderella was out the back door while the other characters hung around for at least another half hour to give the guests what they paid for! I was glad I experienced this dinner for the next time I go back... so I don't waste money on character dining!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
oregon
“Worth the character experience and not much else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We did the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in the Floridian at Disneyworld about a month ago. We went to the first serving. I have to say I was pretty dissapointed in the food. It seemed like it was prepared WAY ahead and had just been sitting under the heat lamps for awhile. They had THE SLOWEST omelet maker/chef I've ever experienced in a buffet situation. Despite this, the extent of the choices were very good including lox, flavored cream cheese, lots of pastries, yogurt, mickey shaped waffles, made to order omelets, fruit, seafood eggs benedict etc. The coffee was not good (again seemed to have been sitting in the pots for awhile) but the juice they served was delish (probably the best thing there). It sounds like part of our problem was going to the first serving based on others' reviews. I bet the food gets better as the day goes on because it will be fresher.

Despite the disappointment in the food the characters were AWESOME! That was worth the price of admission for sure. I would recommend it only for the interactions with the characters and expect to get a decent meal somewhere else.

• Visited February 2013