“Orlando” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 3,063 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Clearwater, FL
“Orlando”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you go to any of the Disney parks, make sure to visit the Dolphin Hotel.
this is where you will find this steak house. It is outstanding. As an aside, You can get around by boat to Epcot & Hollywood Studios as well as Boardwalk and ESPN.

Visited February 2012

Collegeville PA
“Excellent Steaks but Very Noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've been fortunate to come in every year for the past 7+ years now when I'm down here for the IBM Lotusphere conference. I'm always here with vendors and thankfully they are picking up the tab as this place is expensive but the food and service is well worth it. On my most recent visit, we started with scallops, jumbo lump crab cakes, and jumbo shrimp. All of it was good, but the crab cakes were my favorite. Next up was the delicious warm soft bread. Honestly I could make a meal out of the bread alone and I have to restrain myself as I know there is still a bunch more food to come. I usually go with the wedge salad, which is coated in blue cheese and little bacon bits. For my entree, I always go with the Filet Mignon. While the menu only shows a 12oz filet, you can ask for the 8oz filet. My filet (which I had cooked medium) was so juicy and tender. I had mine topped with blue cheese and it also came with a side of hollandaise sauce. For sides, we had the crab mac-n-cheese, potatoes, creamed spinach, and asparagus with the crab mac-n-cheese being my favorite. They use spiral noodles and it's not overly creamy or anything. While I was completely stuffed by this point, I went ahead and ordered the vanilla Haagen-Daz ice cream. I was thinking I would get a bowl with a couple of scoops of ice cream, but instead I got this huge edible bowl filled with three large scoops of ice cream topped with some whip creme and cherries. I think the bowl was made of crushed almonds. It had a slight sweet taste to it but it was quite delicious. The only downside to this place is how loud it is in there. It's very hard to carry on a conversation and by the time I walk out of there, I feel like my throat is hurting a bit from what I feel like is me yelling at the dinner table to carry on a conversation. Still, I love the food here and hopefully another vendor takes me here again next year!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not only for the steaks.....also a part of American history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Goin to Shula's is not only about steaks - its as much about American football, the fantastic successes that Coach Don Shula created since he started coaching. And as always the waiters are very proud to tell the story about Don Shula and his son that is now running the restaurant.

To the food - the steaks are simply great....you will not ever be dissapointed.The waiters are professional about their job, know what they are serving - both food and wine. If you find its pricy - it is, but its worth all the money so I suggest that you go and try it out.

Los Angeles
“Melt in your mouth filet plus crab Mac & cheese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Business dinner at Shula's with five colleagues. Traditional steak house ambiance although a little too dark to see the menu. I ordered the house salad to start - it was a bit dry and just average on taste. The Tenderloin filet done rare was one of the best ever - so tender and flavorful. We shared sides of tender asparagus and a delightful crab Mac & cheese. Service was excellent - our waiter was knowledgeable and professional. It is always a treat to find a great steak and Shula's if the place to go to get one.

Bristol
“Still good, still a little expensive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Since our first visit to Shula's (after a late arrival at the Swan Hotel that hosts it and I just needed a steak!) we have raved about how good the food was. So having booked another Disney trip we planned to eat here on our first night in town again.

Our trip was far less strenuous than previous so our experience was more relaxed due to this and also due to the fact that we were advised to eat in the bar as there was a large group already in the main restaurant (same menu and same great service).

Although I was in a great steakhouse on this occasion I opted for fish as that was what I really fancied, hubby had a great steak. We shared a side as they are huge. With two glasses of wine the bill was high but we had expected that even before we passed through the door, having been here before. Remember that this is a conference and tourist hotel - it caters to a captive audience so can charge a bit of a premium however the service seems to be up to non conference standards.

The only thing that marred our experience was some members of a conference group coming into the bar just as we were finishing our meal - OK so we know how conferencee's behave but a little empathy for sober guest would have been nice.