“Fantastic food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Primo

Primo
4040 Central Florida Parkway, JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes, Orlando, FL 32837
407-393-4444
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Primo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 3,168 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: John Young Parkway
Description: Primo specializes in Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh ingredients, an outstanding wine list and exceptional service. The restaurant features on-site organic gardens. Located at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes with a captivating view of a tropical paradise and Greg Norman designed golf course, you will enjoy the Primo experience.
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Great food-the meatballs and the pork scallopine are delicious. Great service once seated but the front desk seems a bit awkward. We went twice in a week and both times we had to wait at the entrance for a few minutes while the staff looked at computer screens etc-get that fixed and it is worth 5 stars. We will return next time we visit Orlando.

Visited November 2013

San Diego
“Excellent food, so-so service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was attending a conference at the Ritz Hotel next door - the restaurant is in the lobby of the JW Marriott. The food was excellent, though I couldn't really discern a theme. The Italian name of the restaurant and Italian menu divisions were misleading since most of the menu was not Italian cuisine. The food was quite expensive - $33 for a plate of home-made pasta with 6 veal meatballs, for example. One of the salads was called a stracciatella, which I thought weird since the word refers to either an egg drop soup or a type of cheese, and the salad included neither egg nor cheese (at least according to the menu).

The wine list is quite extensive, but you will be hard pressed to find many bottles cheaper than $80, with many far more expensive, and though there were good Italian wines on the menu, again it was odd for the restaurant to encourage the impression that it is Italian-inspired and then have a deeper selection of other countries' wines. Still the food was excellent, and since the boss was paying, I didn't worry too much about the prices.

The pork belly appetizer was GREAT. I followed the server's suggestion to get the spaghetti, but in hindsight I should have the ravioli stuffed with lamb shank and seasoned with sage - spaghetti is an odd pasta to be hand-rolled, and was a little on the thick and heavy side. My house version of a Manhattan cocktail was excellent.

However, the service left something to be desired. The continual crowing about signature dishes got annoying - this is our signature bread, served with our signature olive oil. You'll love the signature cocktail (a mojito - so Italian!), and don't miss our signature main dish, the pork saltimboca. I dwell on this because it just started stinking of pretense after a while. The servers were a bit intrusive, checking in too often. and cleared most of the table while one person was only halfway through her meal - my boss yet! She is a sophisticated diner so I'm sure this had an impact on the tip. Also, when we ordered a second bottle of wine, it was poured into unfinished glasses, without having been tasted - wine goes bad bottle by bottle, so just because we ordered another bottle of "the same" doesn't mean the second bottle didn't need to be tasted. Either the server was lazy or he didn't understand why we taste a bottle before pouring it. All in all, the second rate service and pretentious menu overshadowed the excellent food and lovely setting. If I had been paying, I might have called out the servers on some of their lapses.

Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“Very decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Being an Italian (and Italian food snob) I usually frown upon Italian restaurants. They never are up to par. This was quite a surprise, however.

We had the pasta with rabbit and a salad with poached egg and pancetta. Bread was freshly-baked and tasty, olive oil good quality. Dessert was quite decent too.

The wine selection is very limited, however, for a restaurant aspiring to be of a certain caliber. A bit pricey, but for a hotel restaurant, to be expected.

Visited October 2013
New Canaan, Connecticut, United States
“Primo is Primo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

One of the nicest Italian restaurants I have been in. Primo has its own herb garden growing right outside the door - fresh ingredients, wonderful preparation, outstanding service. Don't be fooled by its location in a hotel - one of the best meals available in Orlando.

Visited October 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“Great service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I just got into town and a friend of our suggested we go. It was the best meals I have ever had. My wife had there signature pork dish and I had the anti pasta app. W/ different cuts of cured meats, fresh olives, 3 types of cheese, fried baby artichoke , and much more! Brandon our waiter informed me the we could order appetizer portions of there pasta dishes which gave me the opportunity to order 2 pasta dishes. We also each got a dessert. Service was perfect and Brandon made our dining experience that much better