“Great BBQ at a good price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
7423 South Obt, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q)
407-859-7197
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Barbecue, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Orlando, Florida
“Great BBQ at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Obviously we go to Sonny's for the amazing BBQ - usually we order through the take out window which sometimes has a bit of a wait, but its expected considering it isn't really "fast food".

This time we decided to sit down inside. The service was good - I give it four stars only for the previous times we are eaten and NO ONE told us the "all you can eat ribs" is actually all you can eat ANY meat (with a few restrictions) sides and fries! One of us always gets the all you can eat ribs, and I was thankful this waitress told us, but a little sad we missed out all the other times we dined inside.

As always, the ribs were delicious. We also had the turkey meal and the pulled pork meal - all was fantastic. The fried corn bites appetizer was a first time order and great. Plus the cook double the order by mistake so we had a HUGE portion!

We will be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Kirby F, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our pulled pork and turkey meal. We appreciate your great feedback and hope to see you again soon!

New Middletown, Ohio
“Food is great, service is average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I love Sonny's and always like to eat here when in Florida. Great value for our family of 5; however service was sorely lacking at this location.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Pjharbert, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy dining with us whenever you're in the area but sorry to hear that the service isn't always up to expectations. Please allow us to help! Send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with these details, including the location, so that we can address the issues you had encountered. We would greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that we can make things right!
New Jersey
“My favorite BBQ Chain in FL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I live in the North and MISS my BBQ - so when in FL I always try to get to a Sonny's because I can expect very decent BBQ and a great salad bar. During my recent business trip to Orlando I visited this Sonny's location twice and was NOT disappointed.

Very friendly and helpful wait staff. Great salad bar, and the Pulled Pork is dependably good.

I did take out both nights and was given huge containers (yes,plural) for my salad bar. The servers at the front desk were very friendly and helpful - I enjoyed speaking with them both times I was there.

Visited June 2014
LesliefromNj, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that Sonny's is your favorite BBQ restaurant to visit. We appreciate your support and hope to see you again when you're in the area!
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“The WORST Sonny's in all of Florida”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have dined at Sonny's Bar B Q from Gainesville to Florida City and this by far is the worst. Took me forever to get waited on. (Lunch time). Ordered pork and it was cold. The french fries were as hard a rock. I practically had to beg for a refill of tea. Then I placed an order to go. The waitress brought the order to me and i specifically asked " Did you put all the utensils in the bag. She said "oh yes". Well an hour down the Fl Turnpike I stopped to eat and nothing in the bag. Zip! Zero!
Forget this place!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
nocurfu53, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're so sorry to hear that you experienced a long wait time to order and your BBQ meal was not up to expectations. Please allow us to help! Send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with these details, including the location, so that we can further look into this and address the issues with our team. We would greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you can give us a chance to make things right!
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We went out of our way to drive here after reading the many reviews on Tripadvisor. I can honestly say it was worthwhile doing.

Food is very good, large portions and reasonably priced, seems to be a popular place with the locals. Our party had the ribs, pulled pork and Kids ribs, all of the food was really tasty.

Service was good, would revisit and would recommend.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gareth H, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our generous portions of BBQ and service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again whenever you're in the area!