“Food is great, service is average” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
7423 South Obt, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q)
407-859-7197
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Barbecue, Family Fare
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
New Middletown, Ohio
“Food is great, service is average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I love Sonny's and always like to eat here when in Florida. Great value for our family of 5; however service was sorely lacking at this location.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Pjharbert, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy dining with us whenever you're in the area but sorry to hear that the service isn't always up to expectations. Please allow us to help! Send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with these details, including the location, so that we can address the issues you had encountered. We would greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that we can make things right!

New Jersey
“My favorite BBQ Chain in FL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I live in the North and MISS my BBQ - so when in FL I always try to get to a Sonny's because I can expect very decent BBQ and a great salad bar. During my recent business trip to Orlando I visited this Sonny's location twice and was NOT disappointed.

Very friendly and helpful wait staff. Great salad bar, and the Pulled Pork is dependably good.

I did take out both nights and was given huge containers (yes,plural) for my salad bar. The servers at the front desk were very friendly and helpful - I enjoyed speaking with them both times I was there.

Visited June 2014
LesliefromNj, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that Sonny's is your favorite BBQ restaurant to visit. We appreciate your support and hope to see you again when you're in the area!
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“The WORST Sonny's in all of Florida”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have dined at Sonny's Bar B Q from Gainesville to Florida City and this by far is the worst. Took me forever to get waited on. (Lunch time). Ordered pork and it was cold. The french fries were as hard a rock. I practically had to beg for a refill of tea. Then I placed an order to go. The waitress brought the order to me and i specifically asked " Did you put all the utensils in the bag. She said "oh yes". Well an hour down the Fl Turnpike I stopped to eat and nothing in the bag. Zip! Zero!
Forget this place!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
nocurfu53, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're so sorry to hear that you experienced a long wait time to order and your BBQ meal was not up to expectations. Please allow us to help! Send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with these details, including the location, so that we can further look into this and address the issues with our team. We would greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you can give us a chance to make things right!
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We went out of our way to drive here after reading the many reviews on Tripadvisor. I can honestly say it was worthwhile doing.

Food is very good, large portions and reasonably priced, seems to be a popular place with the locals. Our party had the ribs, pulled pork and Kids ribs, all of the food was really tasty.

Service was good, would revisit and would recommend.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gareth H, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our generous portions of BBQ and service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again whenever you're in the area!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“really good ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I first visited Sonny's on vacation in Orlando Florida some years ago we went several times in our week visit bbq spareribs happen to be my favorite and they are prepared just right at Sonny's with a little tug to get the meat from the bone excellent and compliments to the the grill master.The price of the all you can eat is budget friendly that's extra flavor.If you really enjoy pull pork, beef brisket, and ribs get to your nearest Sonny's, so good I moved from Ohio to Charlotte N.C. with Sonny's as one of my deciding factors and their arboretum location is great! chef/foodie

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
CHEFFOODIE B, thanks for leaving us such a great review! We're so happy to hear you really love our BBQ spare ribs, our specialty. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon!