“Not your typical dining experience (in a good way).” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
W. Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32819-5019 (Doctor Phillips)
407-903-1100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,167 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Fondue
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Bartow, Florida
“Not your typical dining experience (in a good way).”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

When looking for a new place to eat in Orlando, FL we encountered The Melting Pot. Cheese, Meat & Chocolate...what can go wrong (there are more options but those were the items that caught our attention)? Reservations were made and when we got to the restaurant not a minute had passed when we were already being escorted to our table. Our server explained to us the concept and we started from there. For the cheese fondue we chose the Artichoke & Spinach Cheese. It was so good! The server came to our table and prepared it himself in front of us. I'm not a salad fan but the California has so many different flavors and textures which makes it very enjoyable. We chose the Steak Lovers as our main course, and were not disappointed at all. The meat pieces looked beautiful, and fresh. It consisted of Filet Mignon, Sirloin, and Teriyaki. We had an ample choice of sauces, and it was more than I expected. I was scared about cooking my own meat, but we were explained how to do it and all that was required was to take our meat with the fondue forks, and leave them in the pot for about 2/3 minutes. By this point we were already full but we had ordered the 4 course experience, and as our dessert we had the Flaming Turtle. The server brought a pot with melted chocolate, pecans, and lots of stuff for us to dip into the chocolate. It was the perfect ending for our night. I would recommend to separate at least 2 hours to enjoy this place as it should be enjoyed. It was also our anniversary and the manager even brought a greeting card at the end (not just a standard card but they had paid attention to our years together and lets say it was customized). It was a great experience and would probably repeat in another special occasion. It's important to note that from what I could see the servers in this place don't seem to hate their life, and really enjoy their work without seeming they are acting which makes the guests feel more comfortable.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I work 3 miles away and have driven past this place for years. I'm sad that I've finally been there for the first time last night. I had received a gift certificate and finally decided to go. I made a reservation and we were sitting promptly. Our server took a lot of time to explain everything to us which was greatly appreciated as we were overwhelmed with the decisions. Cheese tasted great and we had lots to choose from for dipping. For the main entree I have a suggestion, take the bowl of mushrooms, broccoli, and potatoes and drop them into the pot. They will cook and you don't waste a fork waiting on them to cook because they will take a while. I ordered the Filet and it was amazing. For the dessert we got the Ying and Yang. So good. Strawberries, bananas, pound cake, Rice Krispie treats, 2 types of marshmallows, brownies, blondes, and pineapple.

So that was all the amazing parts. Downsides: my water ran out during the entree and before dessert was ordered and our server said she'd get more but never did. Check was dropped off during dessert and sat for 15 minutes before being picked up. Guys did a great job of clearing dishes throughout the experience until dessert. Dishes also sat empty for a while before finally being picked up.

Looking forward to going back but will probably go just for dessert for cost reasons. It was recommended that if we do that, to make a reservation.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“The absolute perfect place for a romantic date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Guys, I don't know how else to put it.....TAKE YOUR LADY HERE if you want to really impress her and have a nice, quiet, and romantic dinner. I never had the pleasure of ever getting to experience the Melting Pot until this last weekend during me and my wife's fifth wedding anniversary. Do yourself a favor like I did and make reservations well in advance. The entire staff made our anniversary so special! Calling ahead allows you to really customize the experience with special touches such as rose petals, seating in "Lover's Lane", and even a package that includes two roses in a nice little vase. The food was absolutely delightful and our staff was superb at making sure we were taken care of. I'd recommend the four course dinner, as it allows you to enjoy the entire fondue experience. As I said, this place is perfect for any romantic occasion or even for a relaxing and delicious meal with friends or clients. A nice selection of wines and special brews adds to the tasty menu. You will not be disappointed!

Rockford, Illinois
“Special place w good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We decided to give this Melting pot a try since we love to fondue. It was so fun and upscale. Do not let the strip mall fool you into thinking its basic, the atmosphere it very cool inside. They asked when I called for a reservation if we were celebrating anything. I mentioned that it was my husband's birthday. They greeted him w "happy birthday" when we arrived and the manager came over to our table with a card signed by all the staff. Very special attention. The food was great but expensive! If we did it again, we'd just do the cheese and the chocolate dessert because it was plenty! A very fun and different way to have a meal with your family.

Visited July 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Fondue Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is my second visit to Melting Pot - both times at this location. The first time last year we had a teachers special for a discounted full course meal which was a real treat (although we were STUFFED by the time we left)!

This time three of us split a the new cheese fondue with white wine and garlic and the delicious turtle dark chocolate fondue with candied pecans!

The food was phenomenal and the service was good but unobtrusive.

I only wish we could land another teachers special or something similar. While the cost is in line with what we expected - it is a little out of the budget for more frequent trips. The special made a huge difference and I will be on the lookout for more in the future to not have to wait another year to be back!

orlandomeltingpot, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello Kirby!
My name is Mark Conway, I'm the owner of The Melting Pot in Orlando, FL. THANK YOU for such a great review. I appreciate that you were able to join us for teacher's night out. We try to host one special event per month with more economical offers. Our club fondue members get priority notice for these events so keep an eye out for future emails!

Thank you for your business Kirby! We look forward to seeing you again!

Fonduely,