“Wow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
W. Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32819-5019 (Doctor Phillips)
407-903-1100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 3,153 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Fondue
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

From the moment you enter this wonderful restaurant, you notice a cozy atmosphere. Most tables are suited for four persons. If you like fondue then you'll be in heaven. From the classical Swiss Alps cheese fondue to the Bourguignon classic French style meat and seafood fondue you will be amazed. The owners are a young couple dedicated to make your experience unique. All servers are wonderful in particular Jacob who has a wonderful sense of humor. I highly recommend this for fondue lovers.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hello Roy!

Thank you for your great review! Jacob was excited to see his name mentioned. Melting Pot tip: The next time you call to make a reservation and have four guests, ask for one of our 2-burner tables! Usually we reserve them for parties of 5 or larger, but we always try to accommodate your requests when we can. Two burner tables are great, you get two cheeses, two cooking styles and most importantly, two chocolate fondues.

Thank you again for you review!

-Mark Conway
Owner of the Melting Pot in Orlando

Avon Park, Florida
“Another Excellent Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Made reservations for 4 for this past Saturday night (Nov 2) at 5:30 after a long day of shopping. Arrived 10 minutes early and were seated promptly. We told the friendly gentleman at the front desk that we wanted a fun server, and boy did he deliver! Our server Matt was not just fun, he was very attentive and helpful, since one person in our group had never dined at a Melting Pot before that night. And now to the fondue......absolutely yummy and plentiful! We all did the four course deal, from the cheddar cheese fondue appetizer to dessert (the 'Smores fondue was AMAZING!) everything was fantastic. Another excellent dining experience!

• Visited November 2013
Hello Susan!

Thank you for your AMAZING review and return business! I shared you comment with Matt during our staff pre-shift meeting, we were all excited to read your kind words.

We look forward to hosting you again!

Owner of the Melting Pot in Orlando
iheartadam
“Smore's Fondue....enough said.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We arrived around 7PM on a Friday and did not have a reservation. We were told we could sit outside or sit at the bar or come back at 1030. We chose to sit at the bar because we were starving. The bartender was great.
It was my first experience with fondue and I enjoyed the cheese, the entrée was so-so, but the dessert... WOW. I will visit again, however, I will only go for drinks and dessert.
The Smore's fondue was amazing!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hello there!

Thank you for the 4/5 star review! Thanks for dining at the bar with us! You're welcome to join us any time for just drinks and chocolate fondue, we appreciate your business either way!

Owner of the Melting Pot in Orlando, FL
“A unique experience worth giving it ago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went here on recommendation from friends. We booked it from the UK.
Mark the manager was very helpful in making the reservation.

We have never done this concept before so was eager to try it out. The waitress informed us what we needed to do.

We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and was very touched when my daughter and new son in law was given a lovely card congratulating them on their marriage.

The food was extremely tasty. We all agreed the chocolate course was the best. Really enjoyed the cocktail mango delicious.

You certainly didn't feel too full when you left the restaurant but the experience was fab.

It was also nice to see people making an effort in their dress.

I would recommend the restaurant and others must agree as most tables were full.

Love the toilets visit and you will see what I mean

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mark C, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Born to Cruise! (what a great user id!)

My name is Mark Conway, I'm the owner of the Melting Pot in Orlando. Thank you for the very nice 5/5 review, the staff were very entertained by your comments.

We just spent some good money remodeling the bathrooms so I REALLY appreciated that you took notice!!

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Orlando!

Ashford, United Kingdom
“Even better than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My better half sometimes has questionable taste in restaurants, and she has been raving about the melting pot for a while now, so we decided to go together. My first impression of the restaurant was positive, I was greeted at the door by a friendly member of staff. and the way the restaurant is set out allows for a reasonable level of privacy, whilst still providing atmosphere. Our waitress explained exactly how the menu works as it was my first visit. At first glance the 4 course option seemed expensive, but when I thought about it, it wasn't actually too bad at all given that you are getting 4 courses.
My girlfriend ordered from the specials menu, and the waitress was happy to change one item that my girlfriend was not so keen on.
The food itself was delicious, it obviously depends on your personal tastes, and what exactly you order so I won't go into too much detail, but just to say it was amazing. If you are on a slightly tighter budget then I would recommend getting the cheese fondue and chocolate fondue - as these were my favorite two courses - and each comes with more than enough items for dipping.
I'm back in Orlando over the Christmas period and I will definitely be returning here.

• Visited August 2013