“Fantastic food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Plaza Gardens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #438 of 3,142 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Continental
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New England Avenue
Description: For 30 years we have been setting the standard for exceptional food and service in Winter Park and we look forward to continuing this tradition for 30 more!Our atrium dining room provides the perfect setting for luncheons, special occasions, company functions, wedding receptions and romantic dinners, or enjoy our European style sidewalk cafe.
Cincinnati Ohio
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

On our second visit to this establishment on the main street of Winter Park, were we in no way disappointed. All of our food, appetizers and wine was delicious. ( I had the prime rib French dip and it was likely the best sandwich I have ever had.) Our waiter was excellent. We ate in the bar area at a hi-top, but more elegant tables are available in the rear.

If you are going to be anywhere near Winter Park, you WILL have an excellent dining experience here.

Visited June 2013

Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Im leaning closer to a 3.5 - Restaurant and not the bar review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

As you can tell by my reviews, I am big on eating out and I really got thrown for a loop at this place. I believe it is some kind of hotel restaurant on the Park Ave. strip in Winter Park. No big deal but getting to the restaurant itself is actually a bit confusing because you have to enter thru the bar and there is a sign toward the back that says "Restaurant." Two different atmospheres between the bar and restaurant. Since I did not dine in the bar area I cannot say that this review applies there. It looked like it could be a fun place and perhaps I will check that out another day.

Atmosphere - We dined on a Tuesday night and let me say that the restaurant was dead. When we got there, I believe only 1 other couple was at a booth. It is a fairly nice looking place. White table cloth but not overly fancy either. The restaurant looks like a garden area in between two buildings and they decided to put a plexi roof over it to let some natural light shine in. Very romantic in my opinion but my guess is the place doesn't see too many people because it is very tucked away in the back. There is no view of the street here at all. Its more like a transformation into another world when you enter the restaurant. A garden in the middle of an urban setting sorta speak.

Service - This was good as well and I really can't complain. Then again, they did not have to struggle considering the lack of restaurant patrons. I think the only 3 seats total that were used while we were there were the 3 booths up against the wall. The entire dining room was never seated. As you can imagine, how hard would it be to wait on a table if there are only 3 total for your entire staff. They did periodically check with us including management to make sure everything was good. It was all good.

Food - this is where it loses points and lot thereof. Now don't get me wrong, the food COULD have been very good but everything seemed to be over seasoned. You know that feeling you get when you take that first bite and you think "very good!" then you take a few more bites and it starts to wear on you. Then by the time you get to your last bite, it is just too much. It was one of those moments. We tried the calamari and it left a puddle of oil underneath it. I had the mixed grill and that definitely was way too greasy and the seasoning was good but overpowered the meats used. My wifes food was probably the best with the fish topped with lobster over a bed of rice. I will say that still the seasoning was very evident. Then the bananas foster for dessert was almost too sweet.

Overall - I am sure they cannot tell from our plates that it was just so so as I always eat everything. However, I just was not feeling too hot afterwards. I felt a bit over seasoned at the end of it all. Good food and ample seasoning is key. Sometimes not too much is better than over the top.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, FL and Oberaudorf, DE
“The Favorite Neighborhood Restaurant...for Over 35 Years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Whether stopping for lunch inside, or eating on the sidewalk, I recommend Park Plaza Gardens as one of my all time favorites in Winter Park/Park Avenue. Life can be stressful at times, but never at this pleasant restaurant. It always delivers great service, wonderful food, and delightful ambiance. The mussels are incredible, but the salmon galette is my favorite for brunch! Drinks are always top drawer! Just a plain hamburger takes on a new desire when served here! A must for anyone coming to Winter Park!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
clermont
“AS GREAT AS EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We are locals and don't get down to Park Ave. often. This day we had out of town guests. We stopped by for lunch-ate on the high tops looking out at the street. We all had fantastic food from the soup to the salads. Love the chopped salad. Service was excellent. Don't miss this place for lunch-seat outside or in the bar!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Fl
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Park Plaza is a great place to go for any occasion, but if you go there for a special occasion, they really treat you like royalty. The atmosphere is lovely and usually there is a person playing the piano (yes, they take requests). We have gone there for our anniversary several times and they have given us a free dessert or a glass of champagne. Everything is consistent there. Never had a bad experience. The service is wonderful and you are not rushed through your meal. If you really want to be romantic, ask for one of the big booths--they sort of wrap around you and make it very private. Food is delicious.

• Visited December 2012