“Consistently Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palm

The Palm
5800 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)
(407) 503-7256
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 3,123 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: Major
Description: Orlando Palm Restaurant is located in the cities hottest hotel, The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios and has truly become the place to "see and be seen." for over 80 years, Palm Restaurant has been famous for USDA prime aged steaks, Jumbo Nova Scotia Lobster, Italian entrees, fresh premium seafood, generous portions, outstanding service, and an atmosphere like nowhere else. You Belong at Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House. It's your favorite table, your favorite drink and the best of everything. Experience the ongoing celebration of timeless tradition, lively spirits and legendary taste. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.
Miami
“Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Of the major steakhouse chains, still my favorite. Located in the Hard Rock Hotel, the food was excellent and our server a pleasure. The palm has now started offering half-orders of the side dishes which makes for more varierty-and less leftovers. You really cant go wrong here if your a carnivore.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Always a great steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I celebrated my birthday a few days ago. This Palm alway delivers - great steak, attentive service, a visit from the manager, and very comfortable atmosphere. The trick is to order conservatively or you'll leave with a lot in your doggy bag. Fortunately, we live nearby and our dogs are always thrilled when we go there.

• Visited June 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great Staff & Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We love The Palm as we always have the best Food and service. Although this is a chain Michael Martin, the GM makes us feel special every time we go there and you feel like it is privately owned
We have gone there for years.

• Visited April 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Great Food, Amazing Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Palm Orlando is one of the best restaurants in the city. I have been coming here for about 3 years now and couldn't ask for a better place to eat. From the moment you walk in the door you are greeted with a smile. Ask for server Timmy as he is very personable and makes you feel as if you have been friends for years!

The food is ALWAYS good. Steaks melt in your mouth and the Lobster Bisque soup is the best I have ever had. We return just for the soup! Be sure to ask Christian (The in house Sommelier) for wine parings. He is a PRO and always gives a good recommendation! They have a great desert menu as well, which I highly recommend the Chocolate Cake. 1/2 portion will do...ITS HUGE!

Happy Hour is GREAT! They have a very intimate bar. 1/2 apps and drinks from 5-7pm. Jesse and Tracy are always there to greet you and make you feel welcome! They are the best bartenders in Orlando. I hate calling them that though, as they are more like family now! You can't go wrong!

Become a member of the 837 Club. You earn points each time you dine which you can use for rewards, and they offer you member only special promotions! The cost is $25 but you get a gift card of the same amount to use on your next visit!

This restaurant is a MUST for anyone. Great for Couples, business dinner or just to try to Lobster Soup! (They have a kids menu as well)

• Visited May 2013
Ok
“Fantastic food!!! A different server would have made it perfect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

While staying 5 days at Hardrock at Universal Orlando, we opted to try out The Palms on our last evening. Unfortunately, I turned ill and stayed in the room while my husband and two boys 7 and 9 went with my encourage as we were told it was wonderful. They brought me chicken curry soup and I have to say it was amazing!!!! It was just spicy enough and chicken was tender and tasteful. My boys both got steak and loved it. It was quite tender. My husband who generally gets steak actually tried the sea bass and said it was wonderful and very filling.
However, I was saddened to hear that their server captain Bob as name tag presented was very unattentive and did not show up unless my family asked for him. Most of the rest of staff was kind enough but service was not what was expected for such a restaurant of what we were described. The reservations were at 7pm and there were only a couple others present so busy was not even an excuse. Maybe a Thursday evening at the end of May or two steak loving kids turned the servers into negligent staff members, but where we generally leave a 35% tip at minimum the server receive a lot less!

• Visited May 2013