“Excellent food, greatly overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Palm

The Palm
5800 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)
(407) 503-7256
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #275 of 2,999 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: Major
Description: Orlando Palm Restaurant is located in the cities hottest hotel, The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios and has truly become the place to "see and be seen." for over 80 years, Palm Restaurant has been famous for USDA prime aged steaks, Jumbo Nova Scotia Lobster, Italian entrees, fresh premium seafood, generous portions, outstanding service, and an atmosphere like nowhere else. You Belong at Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House. It's your favorite table, your favorite drink and the best of everything. Experience the ongoing celebration of timeless tradition, lively spirits and legendary taste. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.
Leighton Buzzard
“Excellent food, greatly overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I want to give this restaurant a better rating - it deserved more for the standard of the food, but the cost was ridiculous and the standard of service was poor. If it had been just myself and my husband, we would have gone elsewhere. However, we were having dinner with others who had travelled over an hour to get to the restaurant and we didn't feel we could leave.

Then there was the over attentive server - he had a heavy accent and reeled off the specials at such a rate that none of us, including the Americans, could understand what he said. The wine - he was pushing one particular bottle so much that I thought he must either have shares in the company or was on a high commission rate for every bottle he sold. It was about half an hour before he finally took our food order. Throughout the evening, he kept returning to ask about this and that and something else, and he wanted us to complete a form for a loyalty card. He must have asked for the form five or six times, "the night is young, you still have time to complete it". We didn't want it! We couldn't relax and enjoy our meal - he was always buzzing around us. As soon as the bill had been paid, the server's attitude changed completely and he couldn't wait for us to vacate the table. Frankly, neither could I! I've eaten at far better places than this and received excellent service from start to finish, but not so at The Palm.

Value for money? Definitely not. Good service? No. This is clearly not my style of restaurant and we only stayed out of politeness to the remainder of the guests.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My 3rd visit in the last few years, and each experience has been the same. Service is attentive without being intrusive and the steaks are great. I think I've had about all of the sides at some point, and they are equally excellent. I'm not a wine drinker, but those in the party who were all commented on the extensive wine menu and expertise of the staff. I only wish their beer selection was up to those standaards.

That very minor quibble aside, this is a great place for steaks and I will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mooresville, North Carolina
“You should not take anyone seriously from UK when rating American Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Simply put consistently great at any Palm I eat at in US, the one in Hard Rock hits the mark across the board in service, food and atmosphere...you know what you are getting when you go to Palm...great food and not a cheap check...knowing how the vast majority of tourist from UK are to be nice I will say they are thrifty, I would never put any merit in a review from them at any place in the US much less a fine dining restaraunt.

Sao Paulo, SP
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I just love The Palm, everytime I come to USA I have to go and eat the best lobster ever!!!! In Orlando is very beautiful inside the hard rock Hotel.

Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Wood panelling, Great Food, Good Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had dinner here one night while our kids ate by the pool and watched a movie -- guilt free! The steaks were AMAZING (think Ruth Chris), the sides sumptuous, and the breads, drinks...wonderful! No room for dessert, but they looked great!

Visited December 2012