“Truly Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria & Albert's

Victoria & Albert's
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, FL 32830-8416
407-939-3463
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3,176 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Victoria & Albert's restaurant in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers a unique dinner menu each night of exceptional, contemporary American cuisine served with unparalleled charm and elegance.A 13-year recipient of the prestigious AAA Five Diamond award, this Signature Dining restaurant serves fine cuisine with wine pairings from an award-winning cellar. The renowned, 6-course prix fixe menu is prepared artfully each day with ingredients culled fresh from the world market.Ambiance:Victoria & Albert's restaurant offers an intimate 2-hour to 2.5-hour dining experience amongst gentle harp strains and the sparkle of imported crystal in a Victorian dining room. Sit in the midst of romantic splendor in this establishment celebrated the world over for its exquisite culinary creations and transcendent atmosphere. Butler service, personalized menus and a long-stem rose for each lady are just a few of the touches that create an opulent, palate-pampering experience.Valet Parking is available at no additional cost. Children under the age 10 will not be served.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Truly Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We travel extensively, and have eaten in many different places all over the world. I have to say the Filet I had, and the Pork my wife had were the two best meat dishes, ever. Aside from that main entrée, the dessert was second to none.
The service was also the most comprehensive and effective service I have ever had, in any restaurant, ever.
There is a high cost to the place. But the cost becomes secondary to the experience. I had to honestly tell our server, "compliments to the Chef" because of the high caliber of food we enjoyed. We will be going back. I encourage anyone to give it a shot. I promise you will not regret it!!

Orlando, Florida
“A great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful experience with great value and service. A truly great restaurant in this property. Service was truly superb!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Extremely overrated and overpriced.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hype surrounding this place is amazing: people rave about the experiences they have here as though you devour ambrosia served by the gods themselves. Our experience, however, was very fat from divine.

The food itself was good. I enjoyed all seven courses thoroughly and find them hard to fault. However it is hard to focus on the top notch cuisine when many other considerations come into play (hardly the lease of which being my father was regurgitating the entire day following the meal).

Our waitress was extremely wooden. She lacked any genuine spark of interest or indeed courtesy and the conversation we shared was extremely rehearsed and very fake. It actually made the entire experience quite uncomfortable as I generally dislike being served by people whose entire interest seems to be in the gratuity they'll receive at the meals conclusion. You expect a lot for that price and she simply didn't deliver. A little bit of genuine interest and kindness goes a long way.

Could I honestly say it was worth the $620 we ended up paying for our party of three? No. I've been to many high class establishments, both here and abroad, and have never felt truly ripped off until now. Not only would I not recommend Victoria & Alberts but I would in fact steer people away from ever going there. It's really not worth the exorbitant price we paid.

Warwick, Rhode Island
“A Special Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I usually avoid upscale gourmet restaurants as so many of them are overpriced with tiny portions and snooty attitudes. This is only the second time in my life where an upscale gourmet restaurant has provided an experience to remember. I am so glad we came with family members who recommended it.

Yes, it is pricey. But a very good value for the entire experience including the excellent service and meals, as well as the special touches such as the harpist playing background music and a fresh long stemmed rose for each of the ladies. Having said that, if price is your biggest concern you would be best advised to stay away.

Some reviewers found the service to be aloof and/or snooty. I did not. I found the servers (there were several involved) to have the proper combination of attention combined with deference, and to be personable and friendly without being intrusive. Both the large and small details of service were carefully attended to.

The fixed price six course dinner included at least two selections for each course. Each course also included other items at additional cost, so you can splurge if you want. The add-on costs are clearly marked so beware of them if you are cost conscious. If having your dinner just the way you would like it and the added cost is acceptable to you, by all means enjoy.

Portion sizes were appropriate regarding the nature of the meal. Some courses had two or three different items presented on your plate with a proper spacing so you could savor each selection individually. At least three courses came with a different bread and butter to try. By the end of the sixth course we were full. Indeed, a small serving of complimentary treats were then offered and we had to decline. The treats were then put up in small gold candy boxes to take along with us.

While certainly some patrons of Victoria & Albert's are well experienced in these sorts of fine dining establishments, I wrote this review more for people like me who are hesitant to spend a lot of money only to be disappointed. Looking at many of the other reviews presented here, I don't believe you will be disappointed. We certainly weren't, and I recommend Victoria & Albert's as a very special experience for those who are celebrating a very special occasion.

Southport, United Kingdom
“70th Birthday Present”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have never eaten in a restaurant kitchen before, but sitting at the Chef's Table is a unique experience. It seats ten. You can watch the chefs prepare your bespoke meal. Nothing is too much trouble.
The evening starts with a glass of champagne with Chef Scott.
Each course is explained. The flavours and textures are exquisite. The wines, one for each of nine courses, complemented the food.The coffee percolator has to be seen to be believed.
This was quite the best meal that I have ever had or am likely to have.
But there again, Walt Disney World is a place where dreams are made.
It was a present to my partner and myself from my two sons, Thanks Boys. Are you still doing the washing up?

• Visited August 2013