“36th Anniversary dinner - and a Magical Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria & Albert's

Victoria & Albert's
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, FL 32830-8416
407-939-3463
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3,089 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Victoria & Albert's restaurant in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers a unique dinner menu each night of exceptional, contemporary American cuisine served with unparalleled charm and elegance.A 13-year recipient of the prestigious AAA Five Diamond award, this Signature Dining restaurant serves fine cuisine with wine pairings from an award-winning cellar. The renowned, 6-course prix fixe menu is prepared artfully each day with ingredients culled fresh from the world market.Ambiance:Victoria & Albert's restaurant offers an intimate 2-hour to 2.5-hour dining experience amongst gentle harp strains and the sparkle of imported crystal in a Victorian dining room. Sit in the midst of romantic splendor in this establishment celebrated the world over for its exquisite culinary creations and transcendent atmosphere. Butler service, personalized menus and a long-stem rose for each lady are just a few of the touches that create an opulent, palate-pampering experience.Valet Parking is available at no additional cost. Children under the age 10 will not be served.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“36th Anniversary dinner - and a Magical Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We celebrated our 36th Anniversary at V&A with the wine parings. All together there were 7 courses, each with its own wine paring selected to compliment the selection. Not even listed was a special appetizer prepared by the chefs and a final gift of very small sweet tastes and a special loaf we used for breakfast the next morning. Each course had multiple selections to choose from, depending on your individual tastes. I am sure the selections change as the seasons change. But I must say, this was the best tasting lamb I've had in 23 years. (Best before this was from a pub in the UK countryside). We were served by a husband/wife team that were very pleasant to talk to, with a wealth of knowledge about how each dish was prepared or where each bottle of wine came from. Lets just say that V&A lived up to its billing (and the bill). It is a very expensive restaurant, make no mistake. Value you will just have to judge for your self, but for the food, service, presentation, wine and atmosphere...the only thing that would have made it better (but not really necessary) would have been a window to watch the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom. But maybe not, it was a very pleasant respite from the WDW madness. If you get the wine paring, make sure you have a way home that doesn't require you to drive.

One serendipitous note; when we left the restaurant (second floor of the Grand Floridian, there is a huge ornate multistory lobby area were periodically there was either a band or a pianist playing music. As we were leaving, we looked down and there singing with the pianist was a girl (obviously a patron of the park in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops). She was singing "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid with such a sweet soft voice that at first I thought it was a recording from the movie. She sang it perfectly. When they were done, she just disappeared, to light applause. Talk about a magical moment.

• Visited June 2013

94% Recommend
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Very Good, but Over-Hyped”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Yes, it's Disney's premier restaurant. Yes, it is an incredible dining experience. Yes, the food and service are outstanding.
But I enjoy my meals at the California Grill and Le Cellier more.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Victoria and Albert's. I just don't find it to be the end-all, be-all that its fans propound.
Maybe the expectations are just too high. Maybe my meals at Daniel, Antoine's, Spago and the Belvedere just set the bar too high for them to live up to.
Bottom line is that this is an excellent dining experience, but for the price I've had much better.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winter Park, Florida, United States
“First Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary here and it was amazing. I live on a teacher's salary, so although I've been to fine dining in the past it's not our usual. We were greeted by name and congratulated on our anniversary, given a husband and wife waiting team who served our seven course meal, gave us personalized commemorative menus, and finished the evening with a rose for me and a breakfast loaf (banana bread?) for the next day. The food was excellent and the menu was tailored to my dietary restrictions. The portions were small but perfect for a seven course meal. I was completely satisfied, and happy that my husband picked up the enormous (for a teacher) check.

• Visited April 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“Perfection.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

It was actually December 2011 that we experienced perfection at this restaurant within the Grand Floridian Disney World Resort and Spa.
Decided to post this review because having dined at many other wonderful restaurants since Dec 2011 nothing has compared to the wonderful experience we enjoyed at Victoria and Alberts.

• Visited June 2012
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Visited as part of our holiday. I'll sum it up in four words:

Expensive, but worth it.

I have eaten in many restaurants, in many countries. This is one of the best. And don't just take my word for it, see all the other reviews. If you are thinking of going, you absolutely must.

We opted for the taster menu, and the wine pairing. Great choices, and excellent service. Fabulous surroundings, and no rush from the staff (even though we ended being the last table there long after 0000!).

Highly recommended.