“very good, went back again during our visit” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ming Court Wok & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #953 of 3,180 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romance, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Samoan Court
Transit: I-Ride Trolley - stop #24
SHROPSHIRE
“very good, went back again during our visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

very welcoming, choice of seating location. sat at the sushi bar, very helpful when explaining how it worked as there as sushi is ordered seperatly to regular money. speedy service and excellent food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Very dissapointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went there for lunch, the receptionist was not very friendly. I ordered a seafood dish, there wasn`t much seafood in it and it really wasn`t nice. Rice, etc was all extra. Prawn crackers were very greasy.
I was very dissapointed with the whole experience as I was looking forward to going there. I won`t be going back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Exeter
“Awful... completely avoid (if you're passing though feed the fish... the only highlight!)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My Fiancè and I visited this restaurant in October 2012. We liked the look of the restaurant from the outside and planned to visit on a previous trip but never made it.

Upon entering we were shown to a table, it was very quiet considering it was evening and very busy at places we passed.

To sum everything up, there was around 3 tables occupied in the entire restaurant, and plenty of staff, but they all just stood around staring into space!!!

We had our drinks order taken and they took 10 minutes to arrive (2 soft drinks!) It took an age for starter to be served and when it did the food was vile and tasteless. We already felt by this point we should have left!

Again servers to busy stood around to notice to clear our plates away and they didn't do so until our main was ready 45 mins later! When the main course showed up it had a long black hair on it.

We were looking forward to a nice meal here but it really should be avoided. The only thing that's worth doing is paying to feed the Koi Carp in the pond outside.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Used to be good. Not so much anymore...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place would have earned 4 stars from me for the relatively fast service and great dim sum selections but my last visit pretty much will be my LAST VISIT. Quack!

I've been a loyal weekday lunch hour dim sum customer for many, many years. I have brought friends, colleagues and various business associates because the dim sum was always decent (not as good as what you would find in Chinatown, obviously, but acceptable for the Orlando area) and the service was typically good. This place has a REALLY awesome tofu dim sum selection (I'm not even a vegetarian yet I LOVE their tofu. Their crispy tofu is always served hot and with just the right texture both inside and out. Even my dinner friends raved about it.) They also do a really wonderful combination fried rice side. Overall, I recommend their dim sum menu if you're looking for something a little different than the normal I-Drive offerings. Their Korean beef accompanied with just the right amount of kimchi is also pretty good...tender, bursting with flavor (the marinade is evident and the kimchi sets it off nicely).

But on that note, here's the negative side of my review.

I recently visited on a weeknight and invited one friend and one colleague to join me. Before ordering, I actually had to walk around the restaurant looking for my server because she disappeared for an unacceptably long time. It was only just past 5 p.m. and the place was not busy at all. I finally walked up to the hostess stand and asked the staff there to please find her for us. She was pleasant enough but not overly helpful. We all had separate checks and my bill alone came to around $104.00 (including a generous tip) because, in addition to ordering several appetizers and two glasses of wine, I also ordered a whole Peking duck to take home at a menu price of $38.00. Before ordering the duck, however, I conferred with the server. She assured me it was a whole duck and not a half duck. When I arrived home I was bewildered and shocked to discover there was hardly any duck meat in the styrofoam containers given to me. I'm normally not one to complain (it's often too time-consuming) but this time I felt I had spent enough money that evening to merit the disappointment I felt.

I called the manager who, although very polite and patient enough, told me there wasn't much she could do. I explained to her that her lack of concern was disappointing. I also clearly informed her my business and all my referrals would come to a swift end.

She told me she didn't want to lose my loyal business and that she would speak to her "bosses" and get back to me. The following day she texted me and said she was sorry but her boss was called out for "an emergency situation" and would get back to me as soon as possible. It has been almost a week and I have heard nothing from these people. To me this isn't about the money at this point. It's about providing your customer with WHAT SHE PAID FOR. Furthermore, I have visited this place dozens and dozens of times with NEVER a complaint in the 8-plus years I've been dining there. Why tell a customer you'll return her call if you have no intention of doing so?

Was losing my business and the additional customers I have brought and would continue to bring in worth giving me only half what I paid for and not demonstrating any kind of remorse over this worth it for Ming Court? I guess it was.

UPDATE:
The manager did finally call me and although she apologized profusely, she said she conferred with the chef and the owner and they both feel I wasn't being truthful about a half duck vs. a whole duck. However, she said, "To keep your loyalty, we will refund you eight dollars."

There's a principle to follow regarding exemplary customer service: never promise more than you can deliver and always deliver more than you promise. I doubt these people even know what this means but one thing is for certain: NEVER tell a customer that you don't believe them, particularly when they are longtime loyal patrons and have NEVER complained once in nearly 8 years. Good bye Ming Court. Nice knowing you...

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scottish Borders
“Ming Court”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Went here one evening. Great service & fantastic staff. Super duper tasty food at reasonable price. Many thanks! Enjoyed the Fortune Cookies at end of meal. A Must visist for a meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere