“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #320 of 3,176 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Delight in traditional Italian cooking with contemporary flavors at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano—a colorful, casual and family-friendly restaurant located in the heart of the backlot at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park. Here, you'll take in the sights of Mama's favorite Hollywood memories as you savor the sumptuous aromas and flavors of Italy.
Coral Gables, Florida, United States
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This restaurant was very average starting with the service. It was my daughter, my husband and me. We got there 15 minutes ahead of our reservations and were seated within 10 minutes. When we sat down, they sat us in a very busy area and I noticed there were 4 booths open. I asked the hostess if we could switch to the booth and she told me she would have to take us to the front again and we would have to wait 20 minutes. I was very confused because it sounded like an easy switch.. It would be the same waitress. The lady told me the policy didn't allow that. We decided to stay, but disney needs to be a tad more flexible with their policies. Our waitress was very average, barely cracked a smile. The food was okay.. Nothing out of this world. The menu's need to be wiped down as they had food particles all over it. I found that to be gross. Average at best.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Newburgh, Indiana
“Great Itialian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We just lucked into this one and it was a winner. Our server Buddy was awesome the food was great. Dessert was fantastic.

Visited March 2013
“It is all about service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We always go to Mama Melrose as our dining establishment of choice when going to Hollywood Studios. Why? This answer can be summed up in one word? Kevin!!! Our very first time at Mama Melrose we had the absolute lucky pleasure of being seated in Kevin's section. He was so incredible that our son, five at that time, requested to eat there again and get Kevin on that same trip. Six trips later, Kevin continues to be our favorite Disney waiter and has become a friend of our family. I should also mention that we always have incredible food at Mama Melrose, too; but it is Kevin that keeps us returning. Obviously Disney knows his value because they have made him a "Legacy" waiter, which is a huge honor and very well deserved. Kevin is the best of Disney and the best of Mama Melrose.

Brooksville, Florida
“Absolutely Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful experience at Mama Melrose's during our visit on February 2, 2013. We started with the Mama's Antipasto for Two; and it was the perfect size, even though there were three people in our party. There was a nice selection of meat, cheese, peppers, etc.; and it really got the meal started off on a positive note. This was paired by the complimentary From there, my mom and I got the Chicken Campanelle per our waiter's suggestion, and it was abolutely perfect. I would definitely suggest it to anyone who likes pasta, cream sauce, chicken, and/or sun-dried tomatoes. The onions in the sauce were amazing. Also, it was a good deal at $18.99 because there was way more there than we could eat. Since it was a cool day, we took a chance and took our leftovers home with us, and it was still great reheated. My sister got one of the flat breads, and she reported that it was very good also.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Cod
“A little piece of Italy for your mouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The service was awesome, the prices, bearable, the food, delicious!! We are so glad we made reservations (MUST DO!) and had dinner here, it was delicious, and fresh, and even the kids found something on the menu they liked! I had the tuna, which they cooked absolutely perfectly (not too done), something a lot of upscale restaurants can't even get right. The flatbread pizzas were delicious, too!!

Visited March 2013