“Family Friendly Steakhouse at a Reasonable Price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Cromwell, Connecticut
“Family Friendly Steakhouse at a Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Lone Star Restaurant was closeby to our hotel, so we decided to stop in and try it.
The menu is typical for a steakhouse with a heavy emphasis on red meat, with other entrees available.
For the shared appetizer we ordered the loaded spuds - they were very flavourful and generously loaded with cheddar and bacon..
For our entrees we ordered the bacon wrapped filet, a full rack of baby-back ribs,, grilled chicken, and chicken tenders. The filet was cooked to perfection and was very tender as it should be. The b-b ribs were 'fall off the bone' and the BBQ sauce was better than most. For the chicken: plain cooked on the grill for a lighter entree than the others. Two sides come with each - highly recommended is the green beans - superfresh. The Texas rice is fine with the ribs, and the salads are also a solid choice. Finish your meal with a hot brownie sundae and you will go home very satisfied.
Service at the Lone Star is friendly and efficient - never had to ask for a refill on our drinks as it was done automatically.
Price is very reasonable for what you get - a no-frills family steakhouse with meals of good quality and quantity.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

West Burlington, Iowa
“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful customer service. All persons in my party had very good food. My steak sandwich happened to have a tough, grisly vein throughout. The bun was also soggy from the very juicy steak. I requested a new bun and was just going to cut around the bad spot. The waiter insisted on getting a new steak sandwich. The manager was right over to our table insisting they make it right. The second one was somewhat under-done, as I requested medium doneness and it was on the rare side. I am sure they were hurrying it through to get it out to me. I kept it, since the rest of my party was already eating. The manager said there was no excuss and that they were better than that. He comped my meal and drink and apologized numerous times. The food was very good, aside from the issues I had. Thanks, Lone Star, for fabulous customer service.

Visited November 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Good Steaks - Good Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We celebrated a friends bday at Lone Star. I was a bit skeptical as I don't favor chain restaurants, however at the end of the evening I was pleased with my experience. To start the have happy hour all day YEAH!. The steaks are good, juicy and flavorful. The dinner meals are good and reasonably priced and you get seated right away.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Durham
“A Great Steak and Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I love indulging in a good steak when I'm fortunate enough to luck-up on dining at a restaurant and having a positive experience with the presentation and taste of a nice cut of beef. Now you may be able to ascertain rather quickly that this feat does not too often occur in my day-to-day. Well, while dining at the Lone Star Steakhouse last night in Orlando...it did!

To help frame the occasion appropriately, our server (M.C., he calls himself) was more than cordial and painstakingly attentive to all of our needs.

With the aforementioned and the fact that I was not very familiar with the quality of their steaks, I asked our server of some of his favorites. He recommended the Texas Ribeye with great zeal to which I hesitantly, yet sheepishly agreed.

Upon delivery of my 14 oz steak, I soon realized that I had apparently ordered it at the right time of the day, when the right chef was on duty and on their game along with having a good day as well as the stars in the heavens aligning in the correct order of position to allow the powers-that-be to power the threads of fate in guiding the crafty hands of this uber-chef with the tasks of seasoning, searing, and braising a finely cut, 1 inch thick eye of beef rib and delivering that sizzling masterpiece into the formidable path of my trusty, cool to the touch, 18/2 Stainless Steel, perfectly balanced knife and fork! Even at medium-well (yes...I know, it should have been medium), the steak serendipitiously surrendered it's succulent flavors of melted marvelousness upon critiquing taste buds within the confines of my mouth!

Whoaaa! What an exquisite feeling... 'nuff said!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Navan, Ireland
“great for all the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We really enjoyed this steak house, it had a wide variety of meals on the menu and really good price and staff were really helpful. It very close to the Orlando premium outlets on Vineland

• Visited October 2013