“Orlando's go to steakhouse” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #383 of 3,263 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Orlando's go to steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I have lived in Orlando for six months. We try to go to Linda's at least once a month
we find the food to be excellent, a real bargain when it comes to steakhouses. The food is great,
the service is excellent and the atmosphere is that of a sixty year old steakhouse. Some of the
reviews I have read are obviously fictional. One stated that thirty-three dollars was steep for a steak. Maybe at Golden Coral but not at a top Steakhouse. Any restaurant in business for 66
years has a loyal following. There is no better restaurant in Orlando, period.

Orlando, Florida
“Way better than what we expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I recently made a pact to never eat at a mediocre steakhouse again. We're exploring different steakhouses around Orlando, and this is the first new restaurant we tried. The restaurant was PACKED at 7:30 and the crowd is definitely mature. The only people in our age range seemed to be visiting their parents. The interior is like an old-world Italian restaurant with black and white checkered tablecloths under glass.

Even with the crowd, we were able to be seated right away. Our server was attentive. The wine isn't great at all, but their prices aren't inflated like so many other restaurants. Most of the bottles were only $30. We shared the bourbon steak tips appetizer, which was simple but really tasty. My husband got the 18 oz steak and I had the mini surf and turf with a 4 oz sirloin and 6 oz blackened snapper. We were really impressed with both entrees and were relieved to see a perfectly cooked medium rare on both of our steaks. The salad that comes with the entrees is really basic - it looked like iceberg lettuce with a couple tomato slices and onion. I didn't need it because of the rest of the food.

We will definitely return, but we'll skip the wine and appetizer next time. For the money, it was an excellent meal. I would love if they were available on Open Table so I could make reservations online.

• Visited July 2013
Ankara, Turkey
“best steak in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The day we were leaving Orlando, we shared a medium T-bone steak, and I think only a home-prepared marinated barbecue steak could equal it in looks, smell and taste. Excellent! My daughter is very picky; she was having pasta, and the appetizer (bourbon something) meat, but as soon as she noticed the steak, she pushed away the macaroni, and went for it!
The restaurant is somewhat dark, and the sides (other than the potato) were just OK, but I would definitely go there again if I am ever in Orlando again. In fact, I would go there instead of Orlando, if it were possible.
Another plus is that it is only a 10 minute drive to the airport.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sanford, Florida
“Birthday Dinner for Friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent dinner and great service for our good friends Birthday. There were 2 couples and could not have asked for a better meal. Very good!

“Neighborhood Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Linda’s has been around much longer than me and both of us are looking great! I watched the transformation of the building from a fire years ago to where they are now and I just love to be greeted by Evelyn on every visit, the wait staff are regulars too. In fact I haven’t seen any turnover in staff here in years and that says a lot about the place.
Tonight is another group dinner with friends in this very busy Steak house that I’ve been going to since 1999. We start with a few Martini’s at the bar and sit by the fire waiting for our other friends to arrive. Seated our server tonight is Virginia and boy are we going to order up some food, but first we order another round of Martinis at the table while choosing the wine for this evenings meal. When dinner was served we had two Ribeye’s, and three Filets’, all served in record time and to perfection. We did run Virginia around a bit and she handled our every need. Stuffed and happy Linda’s La Cantina does it again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food