“For tourists, this is definitely worth the drive” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
K Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 3,105 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Continental
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Hampshire St.
Chicago, Illinois
“For tourists, this is definitely worth the drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I had an excellent dinner at K Restaurant on a recent weekend getaway.

We each chose a glass of wine to start, and were pleased with our selections. (For alcohol, the restaurant serves wine and beer only - understandable, since it is a wine bar. But just a warning for those who might expect a cocktail list.)

For the first course, I had an heirloom tomato salad that was actually very similar to a caprese salad. The tomatoes were just slightly too ripe, but still tasty, and the salad came with a nice burrata cheese. My entree was the filet mignon, which was prepared just as I ordered and an excellent quality. The potatoes were nothing special. My husband's entree was a tender and juicy pork tenderloin. The desserts were not too large and not too tiny; we had French toast bread pudding and pecan pie in a jar. Both were very tasty, but a little too similar.

Our waiter was very pleasant, and offered recommendations on other places in the area we could visit.

As tourists, we found it well worth our time to make the drive away from the tourist area to K.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Longwood, Florida
“For foodies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

K Wine Bar has an interesting menu that changes frequently.
Went there for my daughter's birthday dinner on a Saturday night. They were out of every wine that we picked on the menu! The wines we ended up with were ok, but that was surprising and disappointing.
Started with the cheese plate which was good, and the squash blossom which I was excited to see, but wasn't that great- just tasted fried-not much flavor in the filling or the sauce. I have made these myself at home, and preferred my version.
The watermelon salad was good. Slices of sweet watermelon placed under a green salad.
The menu choices on this evening did not include any pork-which I had wanted to try. Went for the pasta which was ok but not as good as many local Italian restaurants. My husband had the elk which he said was tasty, but cold. He didn't want to send it back because it was a celebratory dinner. My daughter's boyfriend also had the elk, but didn't say anything either. My daughter enjoyed her fish.
I love restaurants that serve locally sourced food and K restaurant does just that.
The server was good.
Did not enjoy as much as we have in the past, but still think it's a great restaurant and would definitely go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albany, NY
“Well worth the drive from Disney.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

On a recent visit to Orlando, companion and I stopped by for dinner.
We had heard good things about "K" and really wanted something different from the usual fare available in Disney where we were attending a conference.
We started with Deviled eggs (she) and Oysters with Tabasco butter (me). Wow to both!
Her fried chicken livers and my eggplant parmesan were excellent as well.
A fine wine list and a super server completed the memorable dining experience.
Highly recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, warm red wine & slow service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

For a Monday night, they had a decent crowd; however, the two servers could not keep up. The arugula salad was good and the pasta vodka was good. Service was slow and my server never asked me if everything was OK. My red wine was served warm, well above room temperature. Maybe an off night.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winter Park, Florida, United States
“Feasting with Fonzo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Chef Kevin Fonzo could be hired worldwide as a 6-figure All Star Chef yet, he choses to make his culinary magic in the College Park neighborhood of Orlando. A James Beard winner multiple times and a recognized leader of local sourcing, Kevin stays grounded in the neighborhood where he first started. Hard core skills with a great dash of creativity is how I describe his menu. His wide ranging study of different cuisines allow him to be adventuresome and playful with his ingredients. The result, a menu that begs to be tasted each and every time you visit. The menu changes daily and is augmented by the 'backyard garden' that he cultivates at the restaurant. Fresco dining and special events often take place in and among the garden. Kevin was the first chef in Central Florida to embrace the Edible Schoolyard program. Weekly he runs a classroom with elementary age students experiencing fresh ingredients that are local and healthy. They learn to cook, serve and cultivate gardens!

K Restaurant and Wine Bar will not disappoint!

Visited February 2013