“An unremarkable experience” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
“An unremarkable experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

As Disney regulars, I guess my family had higher expectations for a signature restaurant, which is quite pricey. I had the veggie sushi appetizer; it was all right, albeit bland, but the pieces were too big. The calamari wasn't anywhere near as good as the calamari at Mama Melrose's in MGM (now Hollywood Studios). I enjoyed the potato, corn and leek chowder. Moving onto entrees, almost the entire table ordered the tuna. My piece was full of what I assume was tendons, making it difficult to eat. The flavours weren't great anyway so I didn't feel the need to clean the plate. I'm told the salmon was dry but had a nice crust. Desserts varied greatly. My husband loved his cheesecake, and grandma loved the sorbet trio. The bread pudding seemed like it had been sitting for awhile and could have used more sauce.

Overall, I'm not sure we would return. We'll probably go to Jiko or Artist Point instead.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“disappointed to say the least!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

ok. this is a disney "signature" restaurant right? first problem: we were given a pager when we had reservations? who does this? outback maybe. second: this is flying fish cafe and there are more beef entrees than seafood. typical salmon and tuna (yellowfin!) and only snapper. where is the halibut, shrimp, scallops, etc? signature dish is the filet! are u kiddin me? third problem. under staffed! server "didi" htrying to do everything! pick up plates, take orders, serve wine, cash tickets...way too much for any human being! he spilled drink in my lap, forgot wine list, forgot to poor my wife wine, plates left on table forever, bill wrong, overcharged. no attempt at any comp, lots of apologies! in short, or long, avoid this place! go to jiko instead, where they truly understand good service for 30-40 dollar entrees! dvc club members.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minot, North Dakota
“Spendy but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Although reknowned for their seafood, I liked their beef actually! Advanced reservations a must! Lovely atmosphere. The service and attention to customers was above and beyond what I expected. I felt like my needs were anticipated.

Sandusky, OH
“Signature, but not stuffy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Don't be worried about attire at this Signature restaurant. Come as you are and be welcomed.

Dress code says a collared shirt is required....not true.

Service was great and food was well prepared. We were lucky enough to be seated a table close to the open kitchen.

It's fun to watch the chefs work. I opted for the Potato wrapped Snapper. There's a reason why it's their signature dish. Very good and highly recommended.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Dallas, Texas
“One of the best in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family and I decided to give the Flying fish a try after a very positive experience I had while travelling on business several months ago. Boy was my family impressed with the Flying Fish. We made reservations (highly recommended) and were seated immediately. Our waiter, Diddi, provided excellent and professional service. The quality, taste and preparation of the food was top notch. Bear in mind that this is not a cheap Disney restaurant and if you cannot afford to spend at least $40 per person, you might as well go somewhere else. I highly recommend the bread pudding and dark chocolate mouse for desert. In all, I highly recommend this restaurant.