“Too easy to miss.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Orlando
“Too easy to miss.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great diner. My wife and I have been driving by this diner for 15 months since we moved to the area. Friday we finally decided to try it for lunch and it was EXACTLY what we were always hoping it would be-a vintage diner with no frills--just good home cooked food. Even though it was near 1PM my wife ordered eggs and home fries. I have NEVER seen my wife eat all those carbs but the home fries were crispy, buttery and cooked perfectly. I have a turkey bacon wrap that was likewise very good. Sides are all served in small bowls by themselves sort of like the cafeterias of years ago. Place is clean, looks dated but feels well maintained. Friendly staff. I have not a doubt in my mind that there are locals and neighbors that eat here 3-5 times per week and have been doing so for years (many years).
Too easy to overlook this location as it's nestled near the corner of Smith/Edgewater and easy to miss. (I think that they had a sandwich board on the sidewalk one day and that's the only reason it caught our eye.) If you blink you'd never even spot the restaurant
So glad we finally decided to check it out. We love restaurants like this...
Only open until 2PM....

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orlando, Florida
“Good old-fashioned diner in the middle of College Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is an OLD location that has been around for decades, but there's something appealing about the vintage appearance especially when it's mixed with great home-style food and friendly staff.

Disregard the tired décor. The atmosphere and food is why we return every weekend. The locals call this diner home and catch up on the gossip while chowing down. EVERYONE is welcome and the café offers a diverse menu of items for anybody's taste. If you don't see it, they probably have it or will make it for you.

We show up for breakfast on the weekend and have had the omelets, pancakes, French toast and the breakfast standards. The eggs are cooked to perfection every time. I like my hash browns a little more crispy than they make them, but the home fries are really good. The pancake short stack is HUGE and wonderfully tasty. And, it's perfect with a bottomless cup of coffee.

We started visiting this diner about 3 months ago, and we are now proud to call ourselves "locals" who are recognized and welcomed by the staff.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“So good, I'm scared to share it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

CPC is the best local, delicious diner I've found. Their pancakes top the charts, your coffee cup is never empty, their service is always fabulous and frankly, I'm scared to share about how wonderful they are because I'd like to keep it local ;)

Visited March 2013
Miami
“Don't judge this place by its cover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Well this place could use a makeover, new silverware, cups, etc., but the breakfast sure is good. A small stack of pancakes consists of 2 large fluffy cakes big enough for a kid or small appetite. The 3 egg veggie omelette was nicely prepared and came with homemade hash browns. Service is friendly and fast.

But oh my gosh they need to oil that kitchen door. The constant squeaking is obnoxious.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Diner atmosphere, friendly staff, wonderful breakfast and value. We enjoyed it thoroughly. Recommended highly.

• Visited August 2012