“Excellent Steak, tried to be Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,999 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Charley's Steak House has created a unique dining experience unsurpassed in the industry. The restaurant's namesake, Charley Woodsby, co-founder of the Red Lobster chain, was honored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association with the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. After selling Red Lobster to General Mills in 1970, Charley and his son Ron Woodsby developed Talk of the Town Restaurants - the corporate parent to Charley's Steak House. Over the years the Woodsby's have become "beef aficionados" with a steadfast formula for success: feature only Midwest grain-fed USDA Prime & Choice beef, age on-site for 4 to 6 weeks, and have management cut meat daily and season for 30 hours to create distinctive flavor. The steak is then flame-grilled over a 1200° open pit, fueled with a combination of Florida citrus & oak wood. This carefully monitored process provides for quality, tenderness and a tantalizing taste that elevates Charley's to the ultimate steakhouse experience. Since its inception, Charley's Steak House has prided itself on being a traditional steakhouse. But with the rise in number of savvy diners came the need to evolve the definition of 'steakhouse'. Instituting a corporate chef and placing managing chefs at each location, Charley's has advanced into a traditional steakhouse with culinary flair featuring chef-driven appetizers and entrees as well as established menu items.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Excellent Steak, tried to be Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Staying on Disney property and knowing from experience that this is not a dinner to take kids to because it is quite long (last time my 5 and 2 year old fell asleep at dinner) left them in the room with Kids Night Out sitters.
So- adults only. Enjoyed a very flavorfull 24oz bone- in ribeye accompanied with bernaise. Also highly recommend the creamed spinach and Au Gratin potatoes.
Our server was very night and knowledgable. I really think that she cared and wanted to do well. However, one of our party ordered an appitizer. We waited and waited after ordering, then She came and asked if he wanted his app before his salad. He indicated that he didn't want everyone else to wait on their salads while he had his app so to bring it all. Well, his app came. Then after a bit the salads came, delivered by another server because she was "helping out our server"- the salads were all mixed up. Had about 3 bites of my salad before my steak was brought to the table. I hate having all of the food building like that. Also ordered one of their specialty cocktails- a KY Peach- on the menu it had Makers Mark, and peaches in it. Imagine my surprise when it also had jalipinos in it. Small detail that you would think would be listed on the menu. It was unique.
Overall, the quality is great and the prices are high- but it is fairly priced.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“You Don't ALWAYS get what you pay for!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We were told we had to go to Charley's by a friend that said it was the best steak he'd ever had. He said he even went twice while he was visiting Florida, so we decided to try it. He said it was on "OBC", but the one we saw was on International, the valet Brandon said it was the same one because that one had closed.

Let me just say it was NOT worth the $150 that we spent. My husband's steak was very dry with a lot of fat on it. My son had to send his chicken breast back because it was burnt & we were served by the bartenders, not servers. They were okay, but didn't quite have the welcoming personality you would expect in that environment. The drinks were good though!

Let me just say Brandon, the valet worker, was the best part of our visit & our $35 lunch at Denny's was way better than this experience. I usually like to find the best in everything, but I don't like paying for more than I get & that's what I feel like happened at this place. I would recommend you choose another dinner spot!

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Went here while on business trip. Sat in bar. Service pretty good in bar area. Ordered Kansas City Strips, baked potato and salads. Salad came with meal and was good. Cheese rolls were fair. Steak was large but chewy for a $32.95 steak. Potato was cold and returned for garlic mashed potatoes which were much better. Charleys is above an Outback but way below a Mortons type restaurant.

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Kyle and Susan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Best Bartenders and Servers in Orlando. The meal was fantastic. The service was better! These two made dinner at the bar a great experience. The steaks were fantastic. The pork chops are unbelievable. Best place to take a client.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best steak I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We came upon Charley's by accident on the way home from the parks. We were just after somewhere for a steak or ribs, and we found the right place - but felt under dressed! We had shorts and t-shirts on. The staff didn't bat an eyelid at this, but the other guests were more dressed for dinner so felt a little out of place.

Otherwise, this place was the best.. The best service, the best food and not the big price tag we expected! I have the 22oz New York which was cooked to perfection and just the right size. All the food is cooked on an open pit/grill over wood - no coal, so everything has a lovely smoked flavour..

They bring around the steak tray before you order so you can have a look at all the different steaks and weights available - I'd never seen this before but thankful they did as it made me change my mind on what I ordered.

The other thing we liked about Charley's - we weren't rushed in and out. It seems to be the American way after speaking to our waiter that restaurants want you turned around in under an hour, for example, your plates are being cleared before you have all finished on the table, and the bill is put on your table before you have finished your desert - that's unknown of in the UK, or at Charley's - you have to ask for the bill and the average table time is 2 hours, much more relaxed.

We all cleared our plates and shared a desert because they are so big! I seem to remember the bill was about $120 for 2 adults and 2 children (1 eating from the adult menu), this was about average for our daily meal, so no more expensive than elsewhere, but felt much more worth the money.

The more I write, the more I want to go back!!

• Visited August 2013