“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
New York
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Although the food was just ok, the restaurant was set up like a cafeteria setting--no waiter or waitress. My food was warm--it was not hot and I was disappointed.

Visited June 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Delish, fast, and lots of variety. I am not a huge fan of the BBQ restaurants in Central Florida, but Cecil's Texas Style BBQ is one of my favorites! The service is always quick, the food is always hot, and the sides are awesome!
We eat there after church on Saturday night! In fact we ate there tonight. I had the chicken, and hubby had the Brisket Burger...I loved mine and hubby almost licked the plate.
It's good! Try it!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Fl
“Hot Bbq...Not!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Real bbq should be hot off the grill, dripping with juices & tender. Not here. I ordered 1/2 Rack Ribs with two sides. The carver pulled out a rack wrapped in plastic cellophane & cut my portion out. What? I love ribs and Ive never seen that before. Since the restaurant is cafeteria style where you slide the tray along and serve your own sides you get to see all the happenings. Yikes! The sides were sad. Void of appeal but i chose green beans and sweet potatoe casserole. Definitely canned and the sweet potatoes tasted like canned yams mashed. I will continue to search for fresh superior bbq in Orlando cuz this aint it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Traditional BBQ Texas Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great food at a great price. When you first drive-up you know you are at a traditional BBQ place and when you enter you feel right at home. You get a friendly greeting from the meat cutter as you walk in and he takes the time to not only say hello but help you with the selections offered. From there, you proceed through the selection line and then into the main dining area which has Texas style decor and seating.

I am not sure which is better; the food or the customer service. The food is always better when the restaruants employees make you feel welcome and in Cecil's they appreciate your business.

As for food, I got the pulled pork and would do it again. My friend got the beef brisket - and he would repeat with the same.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
CarolynInCT
“GET TO CECIL'S NOWWWWW!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I went here because my boss was taking me to lunch. Let me start by saying that I don't really care for BBQ. However, it's a free lunch so I can't argue.

Since my boss took me here for lunch about a month ago-I've been back THREE MORE TIMES. The beef brisket sandwich on texas toast is PHENOMENAL! I put some coleslaw on it and get a side of greens and I'm in heaven. It's a little pricey but you get what you pay for. The service is ALWAYS great. I usually see the same people working here from cutting meat to the register-always very nice and they let me try things first.

RUN DON'T WALK TO CECIL'S....worth the drive from anywhere in Orlando.

• Visited September 2013