“Downright Texas Style BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #745 of 2,999 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Barbecue
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Downright Texas Style BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

On my way out of Orlando I spotted the "Texas Style BBQ" sign; well being from Texas, this conjured up a craving for some good BBQ so I stopped in.

From the moment I walked in the door this place made me feel like I was right back at home. A counter style ordering where you order your meats right from the cook and then round the corner to chose your favorite sides and toss them on your plate. Pay the bill then head to the condiment bar and choose you desired BBQ sauce among other things. Then have a seat in the rustic atmosphere that has that sweet smokey smell of BBQ and enjoy.

And enjoy I did! The beef brisket and polish sausage were simply fantastic!

If you are a fan of good BBQ, do NOT miss this place if you are ever in Orlando, just south of downtown at 2800 South Orange Ave.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hernando, Mississippi
“Not quite Memphis BBQ but still very good!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I live in Memphis so it is hard to impress me with BBQ but I must say that this BBQ was very good. The meat was tender and juicy and the cole slaw and beans were great too. I ordered the lunch special which was suppose to be $8 and somehow it ended up being $13. The only thing I changed was I up sized my drink. That is the only complaint I have about this place. I will eat there again for sure but will definitely ask questions about menu.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Tender smoked meats and lots of sides.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We got the #1Family Pack which serves 2 $12. We asked to get 50/50 pulled pork and sliced brisket. They were both very tasty but I liked the pork more. Both were very lean and smoky. We got two slices of warm garluc bread and sellected Collard Greens and Sweet Potato Casserole as sides. Greens were very tender smoky and had plenty of diced ham. Potatoes were light sweet and had just a hint of orange zest. staff was very friendly and helpful. We got both sweet and hot bbq sauce and liked sweet better but they were good mixed. I wish I could give 4 1/2 stars just because the greens and casserole had a different flavor from an ingredient I could not put my finger on. It was all made from scratch but I think these might have been an unusual something. But for the money the pile of meat the quick friendly service and being open on the 4th of July I have saved this place and plan to come back.

Orlando, Florida, United States
“A Bit of Texas on Orlando's South Side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Cecil's is one of my favorite spots in south Orlando. I'm not the only devotee, the place is consistently packed at lunch-time. I've had just about everything they have to offer and have found their chow to be first-rate all the way.

The Chicken Dinner is a favorite, the meat is tender and the smoky flavor lingers well after you've finished your dinner. The only way they serve chicken is a "whole half", so don't ask for "pieces and parts!" This ain't fast food! All dinners come with your choice of two sides. I especially recommend the black-eyed peas, the spicy pinto beans and the collards. If you like your 'taters with a little zing, you'll love their mashed potatoes; the addition of bits of jalapeno makes this one of the tastier offerings in the entire barbecue universe! Among the cold sides, my fave is the potato salad.

I've enjoyed the barbecue turkey and the pulled pork dinner over and over as well. I've nothing but good to say about these entrees. And the ribs are quite tasty; I'm pretty certain that Saturday night is still "All You Can Eat" for ribs but I haven't gone that route in years. Not sure if my arteries can take that kind of thing anymore and my doctor would definitely blow a gasket!

Cecil's recently added an appetizer. Try the bacon-wrapped, roasted, stuffed jalapenos. A bit salty, but you'll be glad you tried 'em. I don't care at all for Texas toast; it comes with any dinner selection. It's not an issue with the house, I've just always hated the stuff. Being born in El Paso doesn't help at all! I just wanted to warn you that you will not find the customary garlic toast finished on a grill. Your meal does include a soft-serve ice cream cone if you'd like some desert. The kids are all over that, of course.

The service is cafeteria-style and it suits the atmosphere perfectly. There are TV's in all the right places, but you'll not hear the audio as Mike, the owner, has opted for Country Music over the sound system instead. I'd rather hear George Strait than the talking heads on Cable News channels anyway. The dining room is rustic, styled like an outdoor patio space. A roll of paper towels at each booth is a nice and very practical touch.

One other sign that Cecil's is the real deal: it's a big-time hang-out for OPD and the Orange Co. Sheriff's Department. The 'cue is absolutely top-shelf and you'll certainly never have to worry about security while dining at Cecil's Texas Style BBQ!

You'll find this gem of a restaurant on So. Orange Ave, just south of where Orange meets Michigan St. It's across from the Publix and the Chik Fil-A. They do have have mild, sweet and hot barbecue sauces on the sauce/condiment bar, a decent selection of domestic beers and a very friendly staff. Prices are moderate, the sides are all freshly-made and are the talk of South Orlando. If you've never been to C.T.S. BBQ, get there soon. I promise you your first visit will not be your last!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kissimmee, Florida
“Delicious BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for lunch, and were so happy that we did! Cecil's is a gem! Food was very fresh and tasty. Enjoyed BBQ pork sandwiches and whipped sweet potato sides. The pork was very tender and different sauces are available to try. Sweet potato was delicious. You can even get a free soft serve ice cream cone after your meal. Service was very friendly and efficient. Atmosphere is relaxed and the decor certainly made us feel like we were somewhere in Texas not Orlando. The restaurant is very clean and well maintained. (Not even a trace of greasy fingerprints on the salt and pepper shakers, so you can be assured they are meticulous about the upkeep of the restaurant!) Everyone, from the guy who took our order at the front counter, to the manager at the register, to the gentleman who was cleaning the tables, was very friendly and welcoming. This was our first visit but most certainly will not be our last. It was an overall great dining experience.

• Visited March 2013