“Fantastic all around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of California Grill

California Grill
Disney's Contemporary Resort, 4600 N World Dr, Orlando, FL 32830-8413 (Walt Disney World Resort)
(407) 939-3463
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #122 of 3,167 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Description: "California Grill is a Signature Dining restaurant that serves up award-winning gourmet dinners and sweeping views atop Disney's Contemporary Resort. Venture into this vibrant and charged atmosphere and watch the creation of culinary masterpieces in the on-stage kitchen.
Anna Maria, Florida
“Fantastic all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My Wife and I took both our children their, one is 18 and the other is 21. We were sat beside the glass windows. It was absolutely breath taking with the fireworks. The food was tremendous, and the service first class. Made us feel like we were the only ones there. It is a bit of money, but the experience was worth every penny.

New York City, New York
“Amazing decor and food ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The best was the decor, absolutely fantastic, my children loved it! Food was good, nothing special, quality ok for the price.

Visited April 2013
Canada
“Really fantastic.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic way to put an end to my vacation at Walt Disney World. The view was so beautiful, and going out to see the fireworks was awesome. The food was AMAZING, very expensive but after all the junk food at Disney it was nice to sit down to an elegant, quiet, breathtaking meal. Servers were exceptional and I will for sure be visiting after they complete the renovation. The fact that they are making it even nicer is so cool!

• Visited August 2012
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“The food of fairy tales”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I should make it clear to begin this review I am a foodie, and when we are travelling to disney I have an itinerary of places I want to go and eat. California Grill is on that itinerary every time.

The first thing I should begin by saying is the food is expensive, however for what you pay the quality is superb. Remember with California Grill your not just paying for the food but for the entire experience and that experience is phenomenal.

Once you enter the dining room from the elevator your greeted by this amazing view of the magic kingdom park, I suggest arriving 20minutes before your reservation to enjoy a drink and the view. The second thing that should be said about the view is to make your reservation around the same time as the magic kingdom fireworks as the dining room lights are dimmed and the music played into the venue, giving a one of a kind view of wishes. We personally make our reservation so that we have finished eating in time for the fireworks to watch them from the terrace, maybe even take one of the exceptional dessert wines or fine bourbons out there with you.

So the experience a side what's the food like? Well in a word, incredible.

The menu changes frequently and features in season locally sourced produce so you know the ingredients are fresh. The selection is wide and varied, with my partner being vegetarian we normally have a vegetarian starter for her (last time was giant spinach and ricotta ravioli) and one of the sushi rolls for me (surf and turf is my favourite) and one roll is ample as a starter.

The entrees change that frequently it's hard to make a suggestion here but they have never failed to impress. If nothing tickles your fancy or your picky just ask your server and they are always very accommodating.

It's this accommodating nature that sets California grill aside from other 5* eateries. From simple things like the server remembering your name to the special touches on those magical occasions.

For me while an experience here can be expensive with careful planning the costs can be kept down and it's worth doing at least once as it truly is a one of a kind dinning experience with food that's second to none. It truly is the top of the signature dining experiences.

Colorado Springs, CO
“Incredible food, service, and views - great vantage point to watch Wishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had an amazing dinner here - the service is out of this world, they really go above and beyond to ensure your experience is great. The sushi was incredible, the salad was fresh and perfectly dressed, the bison and filet of beef were perfectly cooked and the sides and desserts were exquisite. Beyond the incredible food and service, the restaurant is at the top floor of the Contemporary and overlooks Magic Kingdom and Seven Seas Lagoon. We were able to watch Wishes from the outdoor area while waiting for our table to be opened up. It was easily one of the best dining experiences I have ever had.