“A view from the top you will never forget!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of California Grill

California Grill
Disney's Contemporary Resort, 4600 N World Dr, Orlando, FL 32830-8413 (Walt Disney World Resort)
(407) 939-3463
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #116 of 3,180 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Description: "California Grill is a Signature Dining restaurant that serves up award-winning gourmet dinners and sweeping views atop Disney's Contemporary Resort. Venture into this vibrant and charged atmosphere and watch the creation of culinary masterpieces in the on-stage kitchen.
New Bern, NC
“A view from the top you will never forget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

A staff person meets you at the elevator and escorts you to the 15th floor--and the view of the entire Park is breathtaking. Our meal was superb, and everyone was delighted with the service and atmosphere!

Visited January 2013

new orleans, la
“Best restaurant in Disney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

By far the best restaurant in Disney--excellent food without the stuffiness and $$ of Victoria and Albert's. I'm from New Orleans, so I know good food. My husband and shared the lamb gyro flat bread. He got the butternut squash soup w bacon and the dragon roll as his entree. I got the salmon flat bread and spicy Kazan roll as my entree. Recommend doing that so that you can try a variety and i think it's a better value than spending $40 on one entree you may not like. The food was phenomenal. Excellent service.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food with views to match.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had been waiting for years to go to this restaurant, and it did not disappoint. The food and service were excellent. My favourite part was watching the fireworks in Epcot and watching Wishes in Magic Kingdom. BOOK IN ADVANCE.

• Visited April 2012
Ohio
“I expected more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I dined here to celebrate our anniversary on the first night of our Disney vacation. We were on the dining plan and as a signature restaurant it required two table service credits each. While the food was delicious and the service adequate we did not feel that the experience was really special in any way. The views of Cinderella's Castle and the Magic Kingdom are breathtaking IF you are seated at a window but we were not. We were seated at a table against a half wall open to the kitchen where if we glanced even toward the spectacular views we were looking past three or four rows of other diners. I had noted our anniversary on the reservation I had made about four months prior to the trip. They had sprinkled our table with confetti before we were seated and our server did wish us a happy anniversary.

My husband had his heart set on the bison which was supposed to be on the menu. It was not. I was more disappointed than he was because I had made the reservation with that particular entree in mind for him. He ordered a special fish selection that he said was perfectly cooked and delicious. I ordered the oak-fired filet of beef which was also cooked perfectly and delicious, but again, nothing special. The price for each entree was exorbitant. I do not feel that it is worth 2 dining credits per person. I would have been fine with using 1 credit. We both had an apple tart for dessert which he liked more than I did.

We both thought that the atmosphere was kind of "stuffy". This restaurant is closing for a complete renovation and a new menu. I know many people who absolutely love the California Grill, both the food and the atmosphere. We may try it again after the renovation but I would be hesitant to try it for a special occasion again unless they would guarantee a window table. We did enjoy seeing the fireworks from their outdoor rooftop deck but it was quite crowded .

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Wonderful service, food, fireworks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Dined here on a recent Saturday night and the restaurant was very busy. Our server, Daniel, was awesome and couldn't do enough to make our meal a pleasure. Started with the cheese board and then I had the filet mignon which was very good. My daughter had the scallops and enjoyed them very much. She was also very impressed with our view of Wishes. We didn't leave the table, but you can go outside to the balcony if your table doesn't provide a view. Shared the chocolate molten cake which was heaven. We were on the dining plan, but out of pocket for this restaurant is expensive.

• Visited January 2013