“Good if you like Cuban food.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
1498 East Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830-1000 (Lake Buena Vista)
407 828 0999
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Orlando, Florida
“Good if you like Cuban food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went dining here in December and found our experience to be average. The waitress really needed to engage the customer more, but she didn't do a bad job unless you count the lack of smiling. The meal was okay for me, the steak I ordered was below average (it was stacked and curved) and I really didn't like it very much. My wife and daughter loved their food, but I just didn't care for it. The place is decorated well and the meal is average priced for disney tier levels. I would come back only if my wife and daughter requested.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
Los Angeles, Caifornia
“Decent Resort Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My fiance was really excited to have Cuban food. I will be upfront and say I am not an expert and the food was decent but for me could have had more flavor. My main gripe was the service. We had a young server who was very nice but I ordered a salad prior to my entree which I had to remind them about and did not get until they served me my entree. For Downtown Disney it's what I expected in price and quality but I'm sure there are way more authentic places off property.

Visited December 2013
Washington, DC
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

4 of us dined here on December 30th and had a horrendous experience.

Our food arrived but the order for one of us was wrong. The runner was confused and the waiter (a silver-haired man) came over. He tried to convince my mother that's what she ordered. She knows how to order from restaurants and had ordered something different. He told us that he'd quickly get the correct entree.

After an exceedingly long wait, we asked our waiter what the story was and he said that the meal was on its way from the kitchen. It was not.

When everyone was finished eating, her food had still not arrived. We asked again and he condescending told us that the entree takes a long time to make because it has chicken and a sauce. Thanks.

My mother never received her meal. When we spoke to a manager, we were told that she'd remove it from the bill. Hardly a favor, although she sold it as such, since it never came. Since my food was also cold and the service was horrendous, we told the manager that we didn't think that we should have to pay. She told us sternly that not paying would be another issue.

My mother dines out 3x a week and never makes a fuss. When the waiter brought the check, my mother asked to see it again to make sure the meal was removed. The waiter held her card and the bill until I stood up and told him that my mother can hold it herself.

The waiter was such a jerk to us and seemingly hates women.

After getting back to the hotel, my niece was violently ill and spent the night being sick. She missed the next two days at the Disney parks. Our experience nearly ruined the whole trip.

It is obvious that they do not go for repeat business and treat their customers poorly.

Avoid this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“What a rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited Bongos on New Year's Eve for what can only be described as a rip off. We were charged an extortionate amount of money for a 'family night'. The music was good but the food and service were dreadful. We spoke to the manager who was not interested and instead of resolving our issue, chose to sit at a table with his friends. The evening in no way catered for families and in no way delivered what was promised on their poster. Avoid at all costs... We left at 11pm and went to Raglan Road Irish bar and restaurant to see in the new year. See our review for them- perhaps they should send some of their staff over there for training...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
“Great food, but pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We enjoyed the food here, but our server took forever to take our drink orders and when she did took even longer to deliver the drinks. The drinks were very good and pricey, but you got to keep the glass which were very nice. The live music was good, but made the restaurant very noisey.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere