“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
1498 East Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830-1000 (Lake Buena Vista)
407 828 0999
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bongos Cuban Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #988 of 3,175 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Jacksonville
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I made reservations based on recommendtion I read here on line. When we showed up they did not check our reservations due to low occupancy and we were seated immediately. The waiter, Enrique, was not rude or discourteous, he was just there. We told him it was our anniversary and he said thats nice. He took our drink order and eventually took our food order. He had no recommendations. He spent as little time at our table as possible but was at the waiters counter talking. He finally brought water followed by our food. The food was average at best and over priced, which we normally don't press if the service is good. He brought the check and started clearing the table while we were still eating. He just didn't seem to want us to stay any longer. Coffee and desert did not seem to be an option at that point. Finally, my wife took our toddler and left and my daughter and I paid the bill and departed. I have worked in Latin American and the Caribbean for 20 years. My wife is from South America. We are very familiar with good latin food and good service and Bongos did not meet the standard. Good service normally compensates for average food, but when the food is average and over priced and the service is poor it's a strike out. There are better places to go to spend your money don't wast your time going to Bongos who thinks they deserve your money because they are a restaurant in Disney World. We were in Disney for the week and this was our only bad experience. I should have paid more attention to the poor ratings I read.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Shut up and go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Although many of you writing reviews supposedly had poor experiences bongos was nothing less than wonderful. I had an amazing server who was very knowledgeable and recommended a great entree for me. I have been in the resturant business for years and know thy things get hectic but no matter what our server kept her composure and maintained quality service and conversation with my table along with her other four tables I could see and one of them being a party of at least ten people. When I return to orlando I will be sure to go back to bongos and see Angie, have a mojito,and have another memorable night. Thank you.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“My personnal favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We ate here on our dining plan.I liked the sound of the Paella which next to the price said market price.I figured we would have to pay a supplement.But we didnt it was included it came with a whole lobster on top! crab claws aswell as clams ,shrimp etc in it delicious . Service was perfect,ambiance outstanding dont miss this one!

Visited April 2013
Redlands, California
“Average Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We recently ate dinner at Bongos Cafe in Downtown Disney. We arrived with reservations and were promptly seated. Based upon online reviews I ordered the Bistec de Palomilla. It was a huge plate's worth with rice and fried plantains. My friend ordered the Bistec a la Milanesa. She was somewhat disappointed as it tasted like chicken fried steak. The service was spotty. After we ordered, our server disappeared. Overall, it was okay.

Visited April 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Creat food. Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I grew up in Tampa Florida, where Cuban restaurants are popular. This place was outstanding and I'd definately go back again. I just asked the server to bring me something good and authentic--i had some pork dish--that was the right call. Yum.

Visited March 2013