“Food and service are amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boheme

The Boheme
325 S. Orange Ave, Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Orlando, FL 32801 (Central Business District)
(407) 313-9000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boheme is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #401 of 3,168 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Continental
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Jackson and Orange
Description: Our Guests enjoy luxurious fare in a casual setting at the AAA Four-Diamond Boheme Restaurant. The Boheme Restaurant—open for breakfast, lunch, Sunday Brunch and dinner—features paintings by Elsie Ject-Key to complement its artfully designed menu of steak, seafood and inventive classics. Restaurateur Rene Nyfeler and Chef Laurent Hollaender join in their expertise to create an eclectic, masterful blend of American, Asian, Mediterranean, Caribbean, and Moroccan influences style menu that features favorites and new dishes, from the Kessler signature calamari, coffee marinated bone in rib-eye and New Zealand rack of lamb to mascarpone cream cheesecake and vanilla bean crème brûlée. Fine wines from the restaurant’s extensive wine cellar, including Kessler signature vintages created exclusively by Napa Valley winemakers, provide offerings from all over the world to pair with a memorable meal. At The Boheme you can also find the Kessler Chophouse menu, featuring the
Orlando
“Food and service are amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The wait staff are friendly and efficient and have that perfect balance of being friendly but maintaining professionalism. The waiter was very helpful with descriptions of the menu items and made sure we were happy with our selections. He was also able to be there immediately when needed but didn't hover or bother us during conversation.
The shrimp appetizer is beyond description. The shrimp are small, but there are enough for an appetizer. BEST SHRIMP EVER.
The ribeye is in the top 5 of any I have ever eaten. That is a must have. The waiter will tell you that it is pink throughout at med rare temp. Mine was like that on the edges but the middle third was pretty red so if you like you steak pink throughout better order medium. There were also these mixed mashed potatoes - sweet and regular that were nothing short of a taste of heaven. Must order if you go.
My Husband elected the crabcake for his appetizer and was not disappointed. He said it was the best crabcake probably ever. 90 % or more crab meat.
This is not a place I would take children although there was a family there. It is an adult place immediately adjacent to the bar.
Dress is business casual.
I would highly recommend this place and afterwards, you can walk around looking at the art store and decor of the hotel.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michael P, F&B Outlet Manager at The Boheme, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about The Boheme. We are excited to continue adding some amazing dishes to our menu for you to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice space, small portions, inconsistent quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

As you can tell from their website, the space is well designed. Sort of bohemian, sort of bordello, sort of luxurious, sort of dark -- you get the picture. Our waiter approached us in a timely fashion and proceeded to tell us A LOT about the menu including his personal favorites. This took a while, and considering that we didn't have any questions about the menu or his personal preferences, it struck as a little overbearing. Whatever.

My lamb T bone was small and smaller still considering that the bone and fat were far more abundant than the meat. My co-worker ordered the roasted pear salad and tomato and artichoke soup and was satisfied with both.

The next morning I sampled the turkey and brie Benedict and found it much more satisfying than the previous night's dinner, but the portion was still stubbornly small. Also, the $5 blood orange juice was clearly not freshly-squeezed. Am I naive expecting freshly-squeezed citrus juice? In Florida?

I loved the Grand Bohemian Hotel and will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Orlando, but I will probably pass on The Boheme.

Visited February 2013
Michael P, Manager at The Boheme, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback, I have shared your comments with our team and we are working to make sure every experience is better than the last. Please contact me directly as I would love to get more detail from you about your experience.

Thank you very much for choosing the Grand Bohemian Orlando and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Orlando, Florida
“The best Sunday brunch in Orlando!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My office is located near Grand Bohemian in downtown Orlando, so I have lunch there on occasion. The food is quite good, and the décor is eclectic. The bar area is also very nice, with similar eclectic décor and a nice selection of wine and liquor. However, my favorite by far is the Sunday brunch, with a great selection of breakfast and other food. There is live music from the ever-present grand piano, and fantastic mimosas! In light of all that is offered, the price of the brunch is very reasonable. If you want to celebrate a special event with friends in a great setting, this is the place!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michael P, F&B Outlet Manager at The Boheme, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves on our Sunday Brunch and look forward to making more improvements in the future as well. Please come back and see us again soon.
City of Angels
“Delicious & thoughtful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My sis, friend, and I were all theme-parked-out and wanted to try a restaurant away from touristland. When we mentioned to our hotel's concierge that we wanted to see what was in Downtown Orlando, he unreservedly suggested Boheme, but also mentioned there were other restaurants in the area. Having no interest in the surrounding restaurants, we ended up at this place and couldn't have been any more satisfied!

From the moment the hostess greeted us, to our server, to the great decor and ambiance, this place made us feel special. I just wish we were dressed appropriately (we rightly looked like tourists!) but it didn't matter. There was no pretension or snootiness that we felt from the staff. But enough about our emotions -- the food is what matters!

We started with the escargot (it was divine!) and the Wagyu beef carpaccio (yummy and such a huge portion for an appetizer). Let me also add that the bread that accompanied the escargot and the one served at the table were delicious -- slightly crisp and chewy crust whilst soft and warm inside. :)

I wanted to save some room for my main dish, so I didn't get any soups or salad; however, my sis did enjoy the lobster bisque. When the main course arrived, I daintily attacked the filet mignon (which was a perfectly executed medium-rare, by the way) and found the cheese & almond, and wine reduction to truly complement it. I generally do not like anything to get in the way of my steak, but their topping was not overwhelming that, again, it complemented, rather than took away from the dish. The accompanying carrot & potato mash were just right (though, whilst eating, I had thought it was a sweet potato mash because of the color, and then wondered why the flavor didn't quite match up to the sweet potato taste -- I liked it anyway!), and I wish there was a tad more asparagus spears.

Unfortunately, I did not save room for dessert but did get a card, signed by what looked like the entire staff, wishing me a happy birthday (we casually mentioned I was celebrating my birthday when we arrived). I thought that counted for having something sweet after our supper. :)

Oh, we ate here on a Sunday night and we did not require any reservations; in fact, we were sat right away. Though, it may have something to do with there being a game at the Amway Center that evening, so this restaurant was not busy at all (which worked out for us!)

Overall, I'm definitely looking to revisit this restaurant again the next time I visit Orlando, FL.

• Visited October 2012
Titusville, Florida
“Good effort, but no Wow-Factor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was our first time dining here, taking advantage of the last night of Orlando’s “Magical Dining” month. Although the dim lighting is romantic, it renders the tiny menu print nearly impossible to read (even with glasses). After a little eye strain, we decided that the Magical Dining menu looked yummy and both ordered from it. We selected a split of champagne for our appetizer course but the server didn’t use the table to leverage the bottle so the floor enjoyed some of our bubbly as the cork popped explosively. The appetizers were delicious, as was my lamb entrée. My husband’s steak au poivre was seriously undercooked so he ate from my plate and we took the steak home to finish cooking it the next day to medium-rare. We asked for coffee to accompany our desserts. The espresso arrived cold so we sent it back. Even though the restaurant was fairly empty I nearly finished my coffee before the desserts arrived. A good effort but with the plethora of Orlando restaurant choices I don’t think we’ll be back.

• Visited September 2012