“Great food, so-so service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 3,263 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Houston
“Great food, so-so service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The food at this place was really good when we visited. I had the Carnitas (Cuban style,not Mexican) and it was awesome! For dessert we had Key Lime pie and Dulce de leche cheese cake. Both excellent, however the cheese cake was rather rich. Service was so-so.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bristol, Connecticut
“Nice great food and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Beautiful restaurant. Food was delicious and enjoyed discount drinks during happy hour. Has nice seating both inside and outside with a fire pit and steel drums playing.

Visited April 2014
Naples, Florida
“Cocktails”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Cocktails are fantastic - however service can certainly improve.

Food was ok - nothing to write about. Waiter should've taken a deep breathe before continuing with his shift. I understand that customer service can be difficult, but when you're in this industry and for sure kids are going to be around you either develop a thick skin or take deep breathes and try to relax.

Cocktails were superb and certainly worth writing about - I'd find another place to have good food and good drinks.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“We never got sat ;(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I wish we could say how it was, but they were way off with the wait time! I realize it was a Saturday evening at 7:00 and that's why we asked for a wait time. The hostess was Alyssa and she quoted us at 30 minutes, "probably sooner". That seemed reasonable and we waited. After 40 minutes I got nervous thinking that they forgot about us (my four children were very hungry after smelling food for 40 minutes) so I asked how much longer it would be. The girl inside said there were four ahead of us and looked very unsure about how long she should say. The other girl said to her "so how long?" and the girl said "like 30-40 minutes". I said that's almost an hour longer than what we were told! She said "yeah I know, I'm sorry". That's it. She's sorry. I work in the service industry for 25 years, I would've gotten a manager involved, compensated the guest somehow with maybe a complimentary appetizer while they wait? For as expensive as the menu was, they should have a more mature and experienced staff. Luckily the place across the lot called BJ's Brewhouse had no wait at all and it was a delicious meal from start to finish! My family of six was glad to spend our $190.00 there with great service and delicious food! I would've loved to try Bahama breezes. Maybe next time Orlando!

Orlando, Florida
“Excellent every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've lived in Orlando for more than 30 years, have been to Bahama Breeze dozens of times for meals or Happy Hour and without fail, every meal or appetizer has been perfect, Darden Restaurants should be promoting this place more than it does.
From the Calypso Shrimp Pasta to the Seafood Paella (my favorite) to the Beef Empanadas and Onion Rings -- Bahama Breeze offers generous portions for a very reasonable (dare I say cheap) price. Service is always first rate, and the Happy Hour deals are great. Add to that a genial atmosphere and staff, and it's just a place where you always feel you are really getting your money's worth. And this applies to all the Orlando locations, from Altamonte Springs to Lake Buena Vista..

• Visited April 2014