“Busy even on Superbowl Night!” 5 of 5 stars

407 939 3463
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 3,178 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
Venice, FL
“Busy even on Superbowl Night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is our 3rd visit and we know that you must reserve in advance, but we were amazed when 2 weeks in advance in low season, on the night of Superbowl we couldn't get a decent time. That's how popular this place is. The price goes up everytime, and it is not inexpensive, but the food is good, and they vary the menu introducing new things. In fact, I felt this time they had more items that were interesting. I know the mac n cheese is there for fussy kids who don't want to try new things, but I come to Boma to try the African cuisine. The mac n cheese offends me! Its out of place. I often skip the soup in a buffet, but here the soup is so worthwhile that you must sample several. They have the requisite buffet carving station with roast beef and various unique sauces to top it. The roast pork was delish, and the salmon was moist and nicely topped. Pap, which was similar to cream of wheat was better than I expected, the lentil salad with hearts of palm had a nice balsamic vinegar taste to it, the artichoke hearts with pimento, olives, and hearts of palm was also excellent. The banana bread pudding with 2 sauces to top it was top shelf, and I had a weakness for the passion fruit panna cotta. The only down side is you invariably over-eat at this wonderful buffet. Afterwards we walked around the pool area where you can see a few animals inside the park and be sure to appreciate the lovely drama of the hotel lobby at night.

Visited February 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Definitely a Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I am not a buffet person so I was a little nervous from the get go about this pick but it was all we could get last minute and we had to change our Lau because of weather. The food was definitely a taste of Africaand it was good from what I tried yet I'm not very adventouras in food. My issue came with the buffet lines. There were kids running around everywhere and it was not at all controlled. I know its Disney and they are kid friendly but this was crazy for a dinner resturante. I was not impressed enough to go back but again I for not favor buffets. But if you do and you have the patients for kids running around then this would be a great pick.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“A tasty sampling of African fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Boma is a favorite when visiting Disney. The selection is diverse and always very good. There are many great desserts to choose from as well.

Visited January 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“African & Traditional Buffet to enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I loved this restaurant. We had reseved our table for the evening, and when we arrived, they provided us with a device that will beep when the table is ready. Not even a minute after they've given us the device, it started beeping so we barely waited. Staff members were really nice, including our waiter.

It is a buffet style restaurant, with african themed atmosphere and costumes. If it is your birthday, staff will go through the restaurant with various drums to "sing" you Happy Birthday.

We enjoyed the food as well. There is enough variety to satify all tastes. You will find a section with american classics such as cheese macaroni and chicken bites, but you can also experience different type of meals. You will find fresh salads and fruits, meats, fish, rice, potatoes, desserts, bread, etc.

The thing we enjoyed the least were the desserts. Although we found it was nice that all desserts came in small pieces, the only one we really liked was the brownie. But with all we had ate as entrees, it didn't bother us.

The restaurant is normally a bit pricey, but if you are taking the Disney meal plan, this is a very good choice of restaurant and it will be accepted in the plan.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great buffet, lots of choices and many African dishes to try. Something for everyone and the zebra domes which everyone raves about are okay, not great but they were fine!

Visited February 2013