“Good Food, Fun Service, Great 50's Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #214 of 3,100 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: 50's Prime Time Café serves classic American comfort food in a TV-themed setting. The restaurant sits across from Echo Lake in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park.The 50's Prime Time Café menu includes family favorites like golden fried chicken, traditional meatloaf and pot roast, cooked the way Mom used to make it—that is, if Mom were a 1950s sitcom star.Be welcomed into Mom's family and feel at home in her kitchenette. But Mom expects you to mind your manners, so don't be surprised if she tells you to keep your elbows off the table. It's all part of the old-fashioned fun and gentle ribbing that's served up along with the food.TV Tables and Tune-In LoungeFor a special treat at 50's Prime Time Café, grab a "TV Table" that seats up to 4 diners and has a television next to the table that broadcasts clips from popular prime time sitcoms circa 1955 including "Father Knows Best" and the original "Mickey Mouse Club."Bop into 50's Prime Time Café for lunch or dinner. Cocktails, wines by the glass and frosty beers are available from Mom for Guests 21 years of age and older, or relax in the Tune-In Lounge full-service bar and sip Dad's Electric Lemonade or Grandma's Picnic Punch.From the mid-50s knick-knacks and memorabilia that decorate this restaurant to the dessert menu displayed through viewfinder toys, nostalgia is the main ingredient at 50's Prime Time Café.
Broomfield, Colorado
“Good Food, Fun Service, Great 50's Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've always enjoyed the 50's Prime Time restaurant at Hollywood Studios, so my 17-year-old son and I made reservations for lunch there on our recent visit to WDW. It's not changed much (if at all) since we first visited, maybe fifteen years ago.

The decor is about the same, from the wallpapers to the furnishings and fixtures. Some of it was pretty familiar from when I was a kid.

The little TVs play B&W clips from old TV shows, e.g., The Donna Reed Show, The Real McCoys, Dennis the Menace, etc. Couldn't really hear the dialog, but with TVs all over the restaurant, playing the dialog loud enough to hear it from the next table would have been a bit much (even though the TVs are all in sync),

We both ordered the sampler platter, which had pot roast, meatloaf and fried chicken. It came with collard greens; I'd never had collard greens before, and they were quite tasty. When someone at the next table ordered the same thing, I noticed that the waitress called it "leftovers" when she brought it out - another fun touch.

Our waiter was pretty good; he told my son to set the table ("tables don't set themselves!") and did a pretty good job of walking the line between pseudo-uncle waiter.

Since this was our first sit-down meal of the trip, it struck me as a bit pricey, but after a few days at WDW you start to get used to how quickly the food bill adds up!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

It made us feel really like we were home again. The décor was out of this world. Our Auntie was a sweet Lady and our food was like Mom's Home cooking. It was so funny when I remind my husband don't put your elbows on the table , he got remind by our Auntie too funny. I want to recommend this no sugar cheesecake was the best. Both my husband and I had it . When we come back for another visit. This place is on the first on our list to eat at.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toledo
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Loved our food! Dessert was amazing! I actually wish I would have eaten less dinner so I could finish my dessert instead. Waitress was funny and friendly.

Visited September 2012
Frimley Green, United Kingdom
“Great fun, amazing malt shake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Every time we go to Disney we visit the 50s Primetime. It is great fun, with 50s home themeing. Each table is in 'Moms' kitchen, with classic tv shows on loop. Each server is a member of the family Mom, Dad, Brother etc. You have to lay the table and eat your greens or there will be consequences (what they are im not sure as we only got a warning) and the best bit for me was no phones at the table rule!! The malt shakes are amazing - best we had in florida. The food is good, tasty and there are some healthy options which makes a change from being deep fried!

I highly reccomend booking, it is always busy and i wouldnt want to guess how long it takes to wait for a walk up! Dont worry too much if there is a queue when you turn up for your reservation, they get to you pretty quickly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“fun experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Was here for lunch and I must say I really like the theme / the decor -- it is super cute!

Service is definitely fun; they stay in character -- without a doubt a fun atmosphere.

food wise is just okay. I ordered the fried chicken and it was just okay. Of course this is theme park food so you're not going to get gourmet food. But still the chicken was just alright. Crispy? yes. it was. Juicy? eh...not really. flavorful? no. it wasn't.
The entree came with two sides: mashed potatoes and collard greens; both did not taste good at all.

I don't know if I need to come back again. I rather try a new restaurants. I do think you should try it just for the fun of it. But it's not a place I would keep going back for more.

Visited January 2013